Mouth block. What is it?

btomlin

What is a mouth block??? I was reading one of the contest threads and they mentioned a mouth block.

I haven't a clue the why, what, or how.....

Hope this helps
coyotepic.jpg

Last edited:
Also it is suppose to help minimize cheating.. If a coyote was taken before the contest and rigamortis sets in with the coyote's mouth closed, it would be [beeep] near impossible to get that block in the coyote's mouth without breaking its jaw.

Originally Posted By: motoxAlso it is suppose to help minimize cheating.. If a coyote was taken before the contest and rigamortis sets in with the coyote's mouth closed, it would be [beeep] near impossible to get that block in the coyote's mouth without breaking its jaw.
You're right on that. Also with the times written on the blocks it helps with the core temp readings.

Originally Posted By: emeraldterriers1definetly before... what way they can't tell the others whats about to happen

LMAO at that one!

Ha ha. That's why the first round in my Mossberg is one of those fancy net loads. I net em, put the block in their mouth and zip tie it with the time and date I'm going to shoot them, then I let em go until the next day when I bag em. I'm just that good.

I use blocks for the contest I run, for the reasons already stated.
We do not drill holes in them, and use black tape, instead of "zip ties". The ties break when it gets real cold,(below 0)

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuI use blocks for the contest I run, for the reasons already stated.
We do not drill holes in them, and use black tape, instead of "zip ties". The ties break when it gets real cold,(below 0)
We advise people to have tape handy in case the ties break. We have the ties started for them on the block so all they have to do is insert the block and tighten the tie. We have the blocks prenumbered with the team numbers. We have all the blocks gathered together with a split piece of pvc pipe thru the ties.

Back