Z5 vs. PST

Malazan

I have an opportunity to purchase either a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 BRX for 1200.00 or a Viper PST 6-24 SFP for 750.00

Is the Swaro worth the extra 550.00?

I have looked through the Swaro, and everytime I wet myself a little
lol.gif

I think you just answered your question. I'm trying to decide on my next scope too. But, for me, Nightforce 3.5-15x50 vs Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP. I'm leaning towards the Nightforce. If you can afford the Swarovski, I'd recommend it over the Viper. The Viper isn't in the same league as the Swarovski.

And the NXS isn't in the same league at the Swarvoski. Is it a Tactical scope you need ? Swarvoski isn't. But its glass is far Superior.

Originally Posted By: ironworkerAnd the NXS isn't in the same league at the Swarvoski. Is it a Tactical scope you need ? Swarvoski isn't. But its glass is far Superior.

For my needs, I wanted the features of the NF. I was lookng for a scope for both hunting and long range shooting. The matching reticle and adjustments and illuminated reticle for low light, 30mm tube swung my decision towards the NF. I found the glass on the NF to be quite good. Maybe not Swarovski good, but very close.

For the OP, I definitely recommend the Swarovski over the Vortex.

Back