Vehicle Modification for Varmints

Iron Pony

I got my hands on a 1973 CJ-5 Jeep. I'm looking to convert to the ultimate varmint getting machine. Yep, camo, platforms, chairs, the whole enchilada. I've got steel and access to a welder. I need some input from you guys on how to proceed. Did I mention I'm trying to do this with minimal expense. The camo would need to closely look like Mossy Oak.

Iron Pony,

E-mail me and give me your phone #.I'll call ya I think it would be easier to convey on the phone as opposed to typing it here.

I'll see if I cam help ya out.

fdfe24b9.jpg

Here's a pic of my chair if that will help. Randy

Randy Watson, way to cool, if I were a coyote I would just run up to you to be shot, no way to get away from that set up.

Hey Randy,

That is NICE!

Can you get me the blueprints on that "air chair"? I'd sure like to make one for my rig. Or maybe it's on a web page? If so I'd like the link.

Thanks, Steve

I hate this F'ing state.....

Thanks Darrin.

Randy, I won't live here forever. I'd still like the design if your willing to share it.

Thanks,

Steve

Iron Pony:

So when are you and the others in "Free America" going to invade?

Our Underground Movement can't hold out forever!

Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

22-250VT
Its the other way around. They are fighting Californians off that are trying to move there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think Im gonna be one of em soon...

I came really close to invading during the LA Riots, I've grown up a bit since then. We would have been in a Black Chevy pick up with a 454 under the hood and more firearms than you've seen here on PM.

I'll pray for you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you start seeing fences going up along the Kal.state boarder :eek: that means the prisoners aren't far behind.

The flip side of "Escape from New York". :rolleyes:

Invation is out of the question, it's over due to slide west after the next quake.
:eek:
All in fun no harm meant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Shooting from a vehicle is not against the law for everybody in California. If you qualify as a handicapped hunter you can shoot from your vehicle. It is also legal to light from your vehicle in certain areas of the state as long as the vehicle is off road with the motor off. I have a handicapped friend that makes stands and lights from his truck. His truck is a killing machine, it's nothing like a Texas setup, it's totally different.
I was there for the 65 Watts riots, lived right off Imperial and Western, it started on Imperial. The last burning contest they had I was working at Danial Freeman Hospital about a mile away from where it started. Yes I had a gun in my truck and I made sure everybody knew it, I also made sure everybody knew I was a varmint hunter, a dirty nasty critter killer lol.

Nevada doesn't allow shooting from a vehicle that is on the highway. In talking with a game officer though, things get confusing. Legally, a highway is anything that is publicly maintained, including a dirt road that a grader visits once every year or two. Now if the vehicle is pulled off the dirt road then it would be legal. But if you are in a "wilderness" designated area, you can get popped a big fine for driving off the designated route.

When talking with the same warden though, he would consider it legal to pull onto the shoulder of a road and shoot across the hood, but would not consider it legal to shoot from a chair mounted in the back of the truck. *sigh*

BG, I wouldn't take what that warden told you as gospel. You are not allowed to have a loaded weapon in or on a vehicle. That means no shooting across the hood , using the door jam as a rest , or from the bed of the truck no matter where it is parked. I have noticed the wildlife department around here has no consistancy ( or common sence for that matter). No lisence is needed to hunt coyotes here yet NDOW told a friend of mine he could hunt them with no lisence but if he wanted to skin them or take any part of the hide he would need a trappers lisence. Personally I would fight that one if i ever got in trouble. Same with lighting at night for predators. Regs dont say anything about it except for mt lion, yet in many countys it is illegal to spot light because of the local guvment. Personally i think all regulations like this need to be put into the hunt regs. When you are looking for what you can and cant do while hunting you look at the hunt book ,not the local sherrifs dept.
Sorry I got a lil off topic.

All you Nevada coyote hunters and out of state hunters thatcome to Nevada to hunt dogs pay heed to what crapshoot says here .It is all true .You can skin them coyotes for yourself as a trophy ,etc. but if you want them for the fur market you better get a trappers license
..Walt

We seem to have opened a can of worms here.

It's clear as mud!

Randy, Any luck on that "air chair" design?

Hey all you Nevada guys. I'm in the Sacramento area and would like to organize a club or group. Any intrest?

I went to the Reno Gun Show today at the Hilton. Saw lots of fun toys there that we can't have here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. The venders of the semi-autos have a lot of drool to clean up.

Those AR's and FAL's sure look fun!

Steve

Sorry, but I don't have any blueprints. I build each chair from my head. I have build 6 or 7, each a little different, but basically the same set up. Call me and I'll share some of the ideas with you. (432)6829707 Randy

hey !! danny-b!! i was there in 65!!! i went to jail on pacific ave 2 blocks from the baracades!! i swear we had the car load of guns for a friend of ours!!!!! i was 17 so dad had to pick me up and nothing was done about it!! all were empty!! i have had to work in all of the ones since so southern pacific rr bought some of us bodyarmor!! we can't carry guns of course but we have vests!!!lol and you know we won't break company rules!!!lol grandpa fudge

Back