260 Remington for coyotes

Quote:Dead is dead. It'll work.
I think it can be broken down into increments though.
Dead walking, running, standing, whole, flat, or in pieces. With a small hole or big exit. No doubt missed a few. Have to watch more old roadrunner cartoons.

Originally Posted By: 6mmdasherI was thinking of a 260 Remington for coyotes, would this be to much gun for them.

I hope not. I've got my first one in the works.
grin.gif

Last edited:
I am going to have a 260 one of these days. I have a 243 now and would like to have all the 308 parent calibers. My personal preference in shooting yotes is flat shooting, no recoil, no exit, safe for the community. I think I will be getting another kimber montana but in 260. I shoot a 243w/ a nosler 55 grain @ 4100 fps.with very little recoil. The 260 will have a longer recovery time for your second kill shot on yotes. The older I get the less I like recoil. I have a 270 win and shoot 110 grain v maxes with it and it does not have the same killing ability of my 243. I can shoot further without trajectory compensation with the 243 also. Lapua makes brass for the 260 & thats very cool.
I think the 260 is overkill for yotes with trajectory loss if we are talking 500 yards & less. The 260 with some berger vld bullets would be a real good long range set up [beeep].

Last edited:
The .260 works well, shoots flat for a long ways with little recoil. I use either 129gr or 140gr hornady sst's. you can use the amax as well. blue

None of the coyotes I have killed with my .260 have ever complained about being over dead.
smile.gif

I love mine and I'm looking into getting another one.

Nosler makes a 100gr BT in .264 that I have ready to go.....have not been able to get a coyote to agree to be my first test case yet.

Back