Beware of Bunny Huggers!

Originally Posted By: claimbusterI believe in equal time and equal opportunity so I hang out from time-to-time at the Wild Earth Guardian's site to see what they are up to.

... 3. Creating safe refuges for prairie dogs on private and public lands.

I particularly love #2. If that happens, maybe I can convince my boss that Prairie Dog Day is a holiday and he should let me off with pay. Then I could go shooting on paid time.
smile.gif

I think #3 would better serve our interests... wonder how well they'd love prairie dogs if one were to catch a couple hundred and relocate them to their Country Clubs? Or, toss 8 - 10 over the fence of their gated yards, in their snooty neighborhoods.

Problem with these folks is, they think all of these critters are wonderful, as long as they are in someone else's backyard, tearing someone else's stuff up, or killing someone else's livestock. I'm betting a dozen or so prairie dogs in the backyard of one of those multi-million dollar estates wouldn't stand much of a chance, especially when they figure out that the fleas them furry little rodents carry on them are capable of transmitting the bubonic plague.

Last edited:
Do any of you guys who claim to think gory pics, threads about eating coyote, baiting, catching non targeted animals in traps, etc, etc, etc, are hurting hunting or providing ammo for antis, REALLY think you'll change any of the posters or respondents minds or ethics by chiming in with your disapproving comments?

Are you so egotistical that you think anyone is less likely to post because YOU think it could be used by antis?.

I know for sure you aren't going to change MY mind, and I suspect you won't change many others either.

Since I do have some influence here, and can assure you that the consensus of the rest of the folks who set policy here agrees with me, I can pretty much GUARANTEE that you'll continue to see the types of threads that seem to offend some of you.

That being the case, I'm curious, if you guys are so concerned that the antis are "spying on us" (they are), aren't you concerned that they might see a division within the ranks of hunters, and AREN'T YOU PUSHING THAT DIVISION INTO THE OPEN?

In plain language, since it's your posts that are often the ones that start a dustup and cause a thread to run to many pages of contention, I've wondered sometimes about whether some of YOU aren't antis or at least trolls.
confused.gif

A guy my dad used to work with came across some people close to here, flagging him down off a dirt road on the mountain. When he stopped, they turned out to be some leaf hugging wackos asking him to help a injured animal they came across. Long story short, the animal was a coati in a leg hold trap and they wanted it out...alive. When he told them that that wasnt possible and told them he could shoot it, one of the idiots decided he would get it out on his own....alive. Needless to say the coatimundi torn this dude a new one from end to end. Once he managed to get away he screamed, with one of his ears all but gone, "Shoot it, shoot that [beeep] thing!!!" Goes to show how much they love these cuddly, harmless creatures.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NM LeonDo any of you guys who claim to think gory pics, threads about eating coyote, baiting, catching non targeted animals in traps, etc, etc, etc, are hurting hunting or providing ammo for antis, REALLY think you'll change any of the posters or respondents minds or ethics by chiming in with your disapproving comments?

Are you so egotistical that you think anyone is less likely to post because YOU think it could be used by antis?.

I know for sure you aren't going to change MY mind, and I suspect you won't change many others either.

Since I do have some influence here, and can assure you that the consensus of the rest of the folks who set policy here agrees with me, I can pretty much GUARANTEE that you'll continue to see the types of threads that seem to offend some of you.

That being the case, I'm curious, if you guys are so concerned that the antis are "spying on us" (they are), aren't you concerned that they might see a division within the ranks of hunters, and AREN'T YOU PUSHING THAT DIVISION INTO THE OPEN?

In plain language, since it's your posts that are often the ones that start a dustup and cause a thread to run to many pages of contention, I've wondered sometimes about whether some of YOU aren't antis or at least trolls.
confused.gif

Actually if you cave into to being scared to say this, or scared to say that, or scared to post pictures of your kill... The anti's have already deprived you of your freedom of speech, and that's a start toward swaying you to their way of thinking. And, that's what they want!!

Personally, I'm just an ornery old cuss, and like Leon, I'm just going to keep on discussing things here that would normally be discussed on a predator hunting forum. And, while I don't have any clout here, I have moderated on a half dozen different forums, administrated 2 - 3, and we're all entitled to our own opinions of what is or isn't acceptable, but Admin ultimately draws the line. If you have an issue with a thread, bring it to the attention of the moderators or admin, and let them do their job. That's why they get payed the big bucks!!

On several other forums on this site we slam the highest ranking officials of this country for bowing down to foreign countries or special interest groups, and yet we should try to disguise the fact that we like to hunt and kill predators, so a special interest group wont use it against us? I'm proud of the fact that I hunt, and that my father hunted and his father hunted, it is not something to hide, fight fire with fire, get out and hunt, and try to involve as many nonhunters and coworkers, friends as possible, it is up to us to carry on this tradition and to pass it along to the next generation, if we shy away from this, it too will be a thing of the past.

Bob

Originally Posted By: leejmA guy my dad used to work with came across some people close to here, flagging him down off a dirt road on the mountain. When he stopped, they turned out to be some leaf hugging wackos asking him to help a injured animal they came across. Long story short, the animal was a coati in a leg hold trap and they wanted it out...alive. When he told them that that wasnt possible and told them he could shoot it, one of the idiots decided he would get it out on his own....alive. Needless to say the coatimundi torn this dude a new one from end to end. Once he managed to get away he screamed, with one of his ears all but gone, "Shoot it, shoot that [beeep] thing!!!" Goes to show how much they love these cuddly, harmless creatures.
smile.gif

I would have absolutely loved to be there with a video camera!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarOriginally Posted By: claimbusterBarry, as you may recall, we ran up against them here in Colorado a couple years ago. After that episode there is no doubt in my mind when it comes to their strength and ability to sway both public and political opinion.

It sure appeared from my view that they had your ex-Governor in their pocket.

OK, if the boss won't let me off, I'll just call in sick.
smile.gif

I'm SURE glad he's gone. The whole state is glad. We had to fight HIM & the group you mentioned in a battle for a vote of the Game Commission here this year over predators. Namely, lions & bears.

We actually WON!!
thumbup.gif

Man I know I am SO glad that fat putz is gone!!! Also, glad when I found out that we won the lion and Bear battle!!!

Originally Posted By: leejmA guy my dad used to work with came across some people close to here, flagging him down off a dirt road on the mountain. When he stopped, they turned out to be some leaf hugging wackos asking him to help a injured animal they came across. Long story short, the animal was a coati in a leg hold trap and they wanted it out...alive. When he told them that that wasnt possible and told them he could shoot it, one of the idiots decided he would get it out on his own....alive. Needless to say the coatimundi torn this dude a new one from end to end. Once he managed to get away he screamed, with one of his ears all but gone, "Shoot it, shoot that [beeep] thing!!!" Goes to show how much they love these cuddly, harmless creatures.
smile.gif

I LOVE THAT STORY!!!!

Originally Posted By: NM LeonDo any of you guys who claim to think gory pics, threads about eating coyote, baiting, catching non targeted animals in traps, etc, etc, etc, are hurting hunting or providing ammo for antis, REALLY think you'll change any of the posters or respondents minds or ethics by chiming in with your disapproving comments?

confused.gif

Short answer to your first two questions, no. I'm not foolish enough to think that I'll influence you or anyone else, especially an anti. If we have a difference of opinion and both state our part, that's the end of it. As far as having influence here, how are you making the most of that influence? You've helped to create the largest predator hunting community in the World, what responsibility do you have to continue its positive growth?

confused.gif

Leon, thats exactly right. Everytime there is a thread about dogs, poaching, or any other potentially questionable (in the tree huggers opinions) subject, there is a wave of so called "dissaproving hunters". Workman up there has that part wrapped up. I won't be tip toeing around the tree huggers, and nobody else should either. I will not kiss their azz. Hunting, fishing, farming, etc is a way of life. If they don't like it, they can eat grass and save snakes for all I care. BUT, I won't change my lifestyle to suit theirs. I won't "watch what I say" because of their potential to be offended or the possibility of them repeating what I have posted. They don't need my help, they make it up as they go anyway. Why should I not say what I want to say? They have no problem speaking their minds! Should we punk down to them and let them have their way even here? No sir. Screw em.

Originally Posted By: ARDaveEverybody is so dog gone worried about what some hippy sees.
Time out.
I keep telling you all, I'm an old hippy.
Do you see me hugging bunny's or trees ?

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresOriginally Posted By: ARDaveEverybody is so dog gone worried about what some hippy sees.
Time out.

You're a reformed old hippy!
lol.gif

smile.gif

lol.gif
now that's poetic justice!!! lol

Originally Posted By: alhefnerOriginally Posted By: RJM AcresOriginally Posted By: ARDaveEverybody is so dog gone worried about what some hippy sees.
Time out.

You're a reformed old hippy!
lol.gif

Reform school didn't work.
Nothing reformed about me.

Everytime I even think about that story I start to laugh!! We were at deer camp I believe, and all I remember was laughing so hard and so much my insides started hurting. I could just picture that ball of fur and claws going nuts on this guy
smile.gif
!

On a side note:
WYBOB-I have to agree completely with your post. No need to hide or apologize for not doing something wrong!

Last edited:
I had to Google "Coatimundi" cause I didn't know what they were. We don't have any here in Iowa.
tongue.gif
I would have paid good money to witness that little episode. That would probably equal some idiot here trying to let a big PO'd boar coon out of a trap, something else I would pay to see.

Great story!

Quote:Short answer to your first two questions, no. I'm not foolish enough to think that I'll influence you or anyone else, especially an anti. If we have a difference of opinion and both state our part, that's the end of it.

That's not generally what happens. Typically someone starts a thread on something, shooting domestic dogs, trapping non targeted animals, whatever, and then someone else jumps in, not to post anything on the subject at hand, but instead to express their disapproval of the subject (or a post within it) because it might give the antis ammo.

That is usually NOT "the end of it", it is in fact usually the beginning of a dustup that's actually a hijack of the thread.

Quote:As far as having influence here, how are you making the most of that influence? You've helped to create the largest predator hunting community in the World, what responsibility do you have to continue its positive growth?

Yes I have helped to create the largest predator hunting community in the world, including the implementation of policies allowing the type of threads you seem to object to.

Since our remarkable growth has been largely concurrent with the implementation of those policies, and since those policies largely reflect my own personal philosophies, why would I want to change them?

I DO have a responsibility to help ensure Predator Masters' continued positive growth. That's one reason the policy changes you seem to advocate won't be put in place.

We are an educational/advocacy organization made up of apex predators unashamedly hunting and killing lesser predators, bunny huggers need not apply.

My original point is to simply be smart about what you post in an open forum. I don't care if you have a policy or not. The members of this forum are responsible for its content.

My rationale is no different than the rationale for discouraging gory pics on here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kam582I had to Google "Coatimundi" cause I didn't know what they were. We don't have any here in Iowa.
tongue.gif
I would have paid good money to witness that little episode. That would probably equal some idiot here trying to let a big PO'd boar coon out of a trap, something else I would pay to see.

Great story!

Yeah thats exactly what it would be like! I've been told by guys who used to trap and run dogs that they can be meaner than heck. Seen a picture of a hound that killed one and he was quite torn up himself.

Back