17 caliber 30 grain Kindler Gold's

turkeyeye

I was noticing on the information for these bullets it says that people are using them for Alaskan wolves. Well I googled Alaskan wolves and the males range from 100-140lbs. Now being from MS, I have no idea what a wolf is built like, but this is suprising to me.

What are your thoughts on this?

There was a guy on the front cover of Small Caliber News several years ago who used his 17 Rem. "AI" wildcat of some type to kill many wolves. Pretty sure he was using the Golds.

In Todd's book "Sensational Seventeens" there is an article about a gentleman in Alaska that uses a .17 to kill A LOT of wolves. I believe he was using the 30 grain Golds. The weapon was very specialized and did well. I'm traveling right now for work, but when I get back stateside I'll look it up and give you more info. I use them in my .17 Mach IV and it does a nice job on them, but I'm keeping them close.

Years ago I read an article wherein some guys were shotting feral burros in the Grand Canyon with a 17 REM and puttin em down one shot. I suspect a 17 REM would put a wolf down..

I use these out of my 17WCH . Puts coyotes down out to 400 yards. Probably further. Every coyote I have shot with these were DRT.

I use the 25 Kindler Golds in my Fireball and I love them on chucks,Todd is man for great projectiles. I killed a coyote with the Fireball while chuck shooting, but it would not be my choice for coyotes,and as far as wolves go [beeep] no.We all hear the same old shot placement is everything,and it is but we all know how it works in the real world with callins.I have taken many a yote one shot drt with my 22-250 and .223 and I have had to track and lost a few that I was sure were good hits.I am not sure I would be chasing wolves with any thing less than a .243,257 or .308 for that matter.

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeMike you have any 30's ?

Tim,

I have a few 30gr Gold on hand. Need 'em? Super Seal, i would love to try 10 of them if you'de be willing. let me know how much

Last edited:
Shot them outta my .17rem w/my 9 twist. They shot very well with '15 and Varget. I'd have to look at my crony results, but I believe they were clocking in at 3825-3850fps.

This was going to be the bullet I was going to run in my .17rem exclusively, but when I went to order more, there was a month or two wait for them. I didn't want to wait that long, and I was quite a few Berger 25 Match on hand. Reason I bought all your Berger 25gr Match from you.

I decided to stick with the Berger 25gr Match for my .17rem. When I build another .17cal, such as, 17/204, .17 Pred/.17 Tac, I'll run the .30gr Golds exclusively.

3 shots @ 100yds in the snow/wind.
DSCI0014.jpg

Originally Posted By: borkonOriginally Posted By: SuperSeal110Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeMike you have any 30's ?

Tim,

I have a few 30gr Gold on hand. Need 'em? Super Seal, i would love to try 10 of them if you'de be willing. let me know how much

Borkon,

They have moly on em. You shoot moly bullets in your .17cal's, or naked? I have only 25 of them left. If you want them all, lemme know, I'll ship em out tomorrow after work. Just pay postage.

I was running 24.6gr of Reloader 15 w/CCI 450's. Avg was 3832fps @ 30*.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeThought you had. My memory is fading badly.

One heck of a group for a 17 . I've been told PN in the best 17 cal out there.

Usually what happens when you get OLD, grin.
tt2.gif

My PN spits them all out nicely. This PN tube isn't pick on what it likes. I've shot 20gr Midway HP, Berger 25gr Match, and 30gr Golds, and they ALL shoot, very, very well.

Listen here you little ...... Ahhh ? Crap what was I saying ?
laugh.gif

The big 40 is coming. You can start shopping now for my gift. Not real picky. PN,NF,McM AI .....
wink.gif

Back