Remington 700 VTR review

Originally Posted By: velvalcoso do regular rem 700 stocks work with the vtr tri-angle barrel or do i need a special stock?

Yes, regular varmint stocks work with the VTR.

I have one in 308 and it shoots. I have been thinking of cutting the brake off of mine, but I am wondering if when the grandkid gets to have my collection of guns will it be worth anything in say 50 yrs. I know we all love the old octagon barrels why not a triangle barrel. now rem needs to stop making them so there are fewer around in 50 yrs.
Cracker

Last edited:
well i popped on a shooter's edge 6x18-40ao i was gifted, wanted something different but funds are permitting me to purchase a new nikon at the moment. I'll try the shooter's edge on and see what it does. I'm excited to get this to the range this weekend.

Last edited:
Range went well, but i need to work on a load, the elcheapo walmart bulk box of federals weren't to impressive, but it allowed me to dial in my scope alittle better. The hornady reloads did alright, but not 1 in.

The current loads i had were 55 gr hornady vmax with 22gr of h322 powder. I'm all out of H322, so i think i'm going to try some varget with the hornady v-max, and soft points.

Anybody got a good bolt action .223 load?

Originally Posted By: velvalcoRange went well, but i need to work on a load, the elcheapo walmart bulk box of federals weren't to impressive, but it allowed me to dial in my scope alittle better. The hornady reloads did alright, but not 1 in.

The current loads i had were 55 gr hornady vmax with 22gr of h322 powder. I'm all out of H322, so i think i'm going to try some varget with the hornady v-max, and soft points.

Anybody got a good bolt action .223 load?
25.5grs. of Benchmark powder behind a Nosler 50gr. ballistic tip using CCI400 small rifle primer has worked very well in my Remington 700 SPS Varmint in the 223rem.
I also just ordered the new Bell & Carlson Tactical Medalist M40 style stock from Stockys. Can't wait till it arrives.

Back