Best budget scope

Cramer

I'm sure it's been asked before but lets hear it. I am trying to build a .223 on a budget and am looking for the best budget scope in 4.5-14x40 or something comparable. I have a buddy who love his bushnell banner but I just dont know.

you may want to look at a redfield there made by leupold and there glass is very good i have one in 3x9x50 and they have a lifetime warranty. take a look at one you will be impressed. most stores i have looked at are sold out. check them out there made in beaverton,oregon.

sorry i should have searched the forum before I posted.........lesson learned. I am looking at the muellers. I'm guessing everyone would choose them over Bushnell?

Originally Posted By: Cramersorry i should have searched the forum before I posted.........lesson learned. I am looking at the muellers. I'm guessing everyone would choose them over Bushnell?

Mueller's are good, and we do sell them here: Mueller Scopes. Redfield, Vortex, and Zeiss are all good in that price ballpark.

Originally Posted By: UtahcallerBest Bang for your Buck is hands down the Zeiss 3x9-40mm $399.00.....

Very well stated. IMO you have to spend a lot more $$$ to get significantly better glass.

Just throw in my opinion here...
I may have a lemon, but my Mueller 2-7 shotgun scope crapped out on me. I would not recommend Mueller. It's back in it's box right now sitting on top of my gun safe.

I had it on my H&R single shot bull barrel 12ga. slug gun for deer hunting here in IL and it worked decent for 2 years. This past season i took it out to sight in for deer season and couldn't figure out why my shots weren't hitting paper. Turns out that whenever I made adjustments with the zoom...going from say 2x up towards 7x, the fricken reticle was spinning inside the scope as i adjusted it!

All that to say, if i was doing a budget thing, I've had pretty good luck with Burris Fullfield II.

Redfield, Zeiss, etc. would work too as everyone is saying, but i've just never used them, so i can't comment on those.

Originally Posted By: BlackLabKatieJust throw in my opinion here...
I may have a lemon, but my Mueller 2-7 shotgun scope crapped out on me. I would not recommend Mueller. It's back in it's box right now sitting on top of my gun safe.

I had it on my H&R single shot bull barrel 12ga. slug gun for deer hunting here in IL and it worked decent for 2 years. This past season i took it out to sight in for deer season and couldn't figure out why my shots weren't hitting paper. Turns out that whenever I made adjustments with the zoom...going from say 2x up towards 7x, the fricken reticle was spinning inside the scope as i adjusted it!

All that to say, if i was doing a budget thing, I've had pretty good luck with Burris Fullfield II.

Redfield, Zeiss, etc. would work too as everyone is saying, but i've just never used them, so i can't comment on those.

You do realize it is has a lifetime warranty right? Might be a good idea to send it in and get a new one. We've had very few warranty claims from the Mueller's we've sold. Probably 5 or 6 total? Out of 300+++

Last edited:
I didn't think i could because their website says you have to send in proof of purchase with it.
I had this exact scope picked out (wrote it down for my wife...ha!) for a Xmas gift a couple years back...so, i have no proof of purchase. Don't even know where she got it!?

Originally Posted By: BlackLabKatieI didn't think i could because their website says you have to send in proof of purchase with it.
I had this exact scope picked out (wrote it down for my wife...ha!) for a Xmas gift a couple years back...so, i have no proof of purchase. Don't even know where she got it!?

I'd call em up and talk to them. They're generally pretty cool. I've heard of many instances they didn't even ask for a receipt.

Originally Posted By: UtahcallerBest Bang for your Buck is hands down the Zeiss 3x9-40mm $399.00.....

This qualifies as neither a 4.5 x 14- 40mm or a budget scope IMHO. Good deal or not its not what he ask for.

The Mueller APV may be ok on a rimfire, I have one but its not nearly as good of a scope as my eariler model Mueller Eradicator.........for the same money.

Last edited:
Centerpoint 4-16x40 $60something from Walmart. Stay below 15, and you shouldn't have a problem. If you find a problem take it back to Walmart. Can't get simpler than that. It's nothing to write home about, but several reviews have said good things about it, and the Sniper's Hide doesn't knock it, so that should tell you something.

I own and use Mueller and the new Redfield scopes and personaly prefer the Redfields. I like the Mueller scopes but the glass is better in the Redfields and they are an American made product backed by one of the best warranty's you could ever ask for.
Just my opinion.

Back