locating coyotes at night (Pennsylvania)

ganoo

Does anyone have any success using e-caller coyote vocalizations to locate coyotes at night than set up on them in morning. what sounds/sequences work for you?

i will try to help....best to try to find sign...along creeks..etc..

its freezin they need water its like antifreeze...

cows are droppin calves the afterbirth is coyote candy....try around cattle farms..

i have a homebuilt mp3 caller with a big RS horn speaker....

i can drop it off ride down the road a half mile and my siren goes off in 7 minutes...

so i can hear them...kinda hard to do it with the call beside you..sometimes they dont open up till the siren is over...or near over..

when i did hunt that way its usually squirrel season...and i setup in a high crosswind watching a revene...

i use a mouth call...try to let out one loud rabbit squeal..
be hid good...and sit tight..if a coyote comes looking for you he has you pin pointed to extent...the key is to see him before he sees you..

ive tried ecallers in daytime...great for bobcats...but im certain more coyotes bust me at 300 yards that i never see...and remember that type sound when you go callen there at night...once you find these calling spots tie a 3 foot colored ribbon to the highest limb you can...you can see the wind direction there from a ways and when its wrong dont hunt them...

lol..if i was still doing it this way i would be killin more yotes...i should be out there with my turkey today...

i only killed 1 last year...at the end..and it was at night..but i did the same...let out a loud rabbit distress with a turkey diaphram call and scanned the field every 2 minutes....

seems taking a ecaller i seem to overcall...which is easy for coyotrs...fox seem to come if there where im at..we have little of them...and doesnt take much to call a hungary fox....

also if you want to daytime hunt setting the call and a turkey decoy on a loggin road works well...with a lost hen sound...
Western rivers works well...keep it low...and call very little

i spray 2 to 3 cans of spray foam in all my decoys not much weight and they hold there shape...and wind does not bother them ...i use a decoy bag for all my things i carry...seat...shootin sticks..etc...with the foam..you can use a stick for the legs of to forget your stakes also..

hope this helps...

Back