Optimal barrel length for .20 Practical

Str8Shooter

In antipation of BHW coming out with a .20 cal. barrel I'm curious as to which barrel length is optimal for the .20 Prac/ Tac. I prefer the shorter barrels like my 18" 6x45 but would like to get maximum potential out of the caliber.

Mine is a 20in from woa. If their barrels are the same contour as the ones on their 6x45 I would go to a 22 or 24in barrel and it would give you more speed. But I would not change anything with my upper. It is a tack driver. Have not ran it over a crono yet. Not really interested in speed. More of a need for tight groups. And it is a tack driver. Fun round to shoot. Squeeze trigger and watch the hole appear in the target.

I'm not totally into the speed as long as it still kills coyotes cleanly... I want to see the hits on p-dogs, coyotes and such. I'd prefer to stay with an 18 or 20 inch

I have read the 24in gains you the most speed but I did not want to lug that around so I went with a 20in barrel that is fluted. I love the thing and can see every hit with 26gr and 39gr bullets. I would think that the bhw barrels would be great with a 20in. They would still be light enough like a woa 18in barrel but you will gain some speed.

Back