Who's LH with a RH rifle?

boandme

I am wanting to buy a new rifle and am looking at getting the Savage 10 Predator Hunter. Im just not real sure if I should get a RH rifle though. I shoot a RH rifle now but I find it taking more time than I would like to have another round ready.
For those of you who have experience with this give me your thoughts please . . .. .

Last edited:
Works for me, although I am probably not as rapid as a righty shooting a righty rifle. I have 1 left hand bolt gun and I am always surprised at how much easier and quicker it is to work its action compared to my right handed guns. Maybe someday I'll get another lefty gun. Anyway, get what works for you. I know the 10fp comes in a left hand and is very similar to the predator hunter, minus the camo job.

I feel your pain. I realize that everyone is different, but it is much quicker for me to reload and get on target with a LH bolt. I am also left eye dominant; there again a LH bolt works better for me.
John

Originally Posted By: Three 44sI'm a lefty with all righty guns!!!

I have never fired a lefty so I can't even tell you how good it is ......

Three 44s

I have never fired a LH rifle either that is the reason for my question. I know the obvious answer to my question is shoot what works for me but when you haven't shot one or have access to one it's kind of hard to know.

Hmmmm . . . maybe I should just become a member of the BLACK gun club
thumbup.gif
That would take care of my problem of wanting to have a second round ready quick! But then I come across the problem of not having a 22-250, well then I could just do a DTech .243 wssm for my long range SD coyotes . . . .its just money right??

boandme- a southpaw gun is really slick, in my opinion, but I have always shot right handed guns southpaw.I figured odds were that my kids would be right eyed, so I always bought right hand guns. Well, my oldest is definitely left eye and shoots lefty so I will probably get another left hand gun or two. The stag lefthand AR's look awfully good, also.

always shot right handed guns none of my boys are left handed. it don't bother me because i have shot 4 coyotes at night at one time while they were runing around and my partner was keeping the light on each one.i the 60's when i started lefty's were alot more money and not in the calibers i wanted.i am left eye dominent to so i shoot with both eyes open.when i was in the army i used to get a little blow by in my eye sometimes, the new ar i have has fixed that problem.

All my bolt rifles are right hand and I shoot a rifle and shotgun left handed. Never had a single problem and I believe I am plenty fast enough.

All of my rifles and shotguns are RH bolts or ejection. I am left handed. I've never shot a LH bolt but did shoulder a few and was never comfortable with a LH bolt. I can get back on target with a RH bolt very quickly. If you are comfortable with a RH bolt, why change what you are used to?

RTLOF(TONY)

Try one like this. And it is for sale. I will also sell the stock by itself. The rifle is a Model 12 FVSS. Tom.

IMG_0405.jpg

stock005.jpg

Last edited:
With practice you can learn to shoot right handed...at least I did.

Everything else left handed; write, golf, throw ball, except shoot. Learned as a kid as left handed guns were not too common back then. Even shoot pistol right handed.

Only problem I have is with the scatter gun. I have to close one eye as I am not using my dominent eye.

Originally Posted By: IdahoDog With practice you can learn to shoot right handed...at least I did.

Everything else left handed; write, golf, throw ball, except shoot. Learned as a kid as left handed guns were not too common back then. Even shoot pistol right handed.

Only problem I have is with the scatter gun. I have to close one eye as I am not using my dominent eye.

I don't want to shoot RH. I still shoot a RH rifle LH just fine, I just wanted to see if guys with experience on the matter thought that the LH bolt was indeed faster to have another round ready to go.

Thanks for all you input guys! Still not sure what I am going to do but either way it will work out for me I'm sure.

I'm right handed but shoot lefty. I bought my first lh rifles 2 yrs ago and I love them. I still shoot several rh guns but I do prefer the leftys. It took some getting used to but now I much prefer left hand guns.

Back