Anyone painted their Spitfire?

wormy

I got a new Spitfire comeing this week. Why Foxpro didnt offer it in camo I dont know. That white color kills me. Has anyone painted their Spitfire? Seems you could mask all the buttons and spray it with Krylon Fusion camo paint. Any thoughts?

I put camo wraps on mine. I think you can get them at cabellas still. I bought a big sheet for the 4wheeler and had left overs. Put it on the call and used a blow dryer to heat it up and smooth it out. Ive had the call out in the cold and in snow. Wrap is still on.

I placed camo tape on mine to good effect. Originally I deployed it in a camo bag but the extra scent caused much easier detection so plastered it with the tape and happy with the end result.
Easy to replace if required due to wear.

DSC00864.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

It is not as white as it looks in some of the pictures that I have seen. I think it blends in good enough the way it is. I know for a fact that if you hang it on a corn stalk, walk back 50 yards and realize you forgot to turn it on it is hard to find it.
wink.gif

I just did something today that kinda made me chuckle. My wife stopped and got me a pred deceptor decoy and I hated it. Sooo, I took the fake rabbit and cut slits on the front and back and it slides right over the call. Don't look to bad either.

Originally Posted By: rletts77
dtrykisxcykizyki75.jpg

That is slick right there! I am going to do the same thing! they have these dog toys at the dollar store that would make a great little jacket for the spitfire! put it on a mini tripod and put the sp55 under facing opposite direction would make for a killer little dude!

Originally Posted By: bigdavidbeebeOriginally Posted By: rletts77
dtrykisxcykizyki75.jpg

That is slick right there! I am going to do the same thing! they have these dog toys at the dollar store that would make a great little jacket for the spitfire! put it on a mini tripod and put the sp55 under facing opposite direction would make for a killer little dude!

How does the sp55 do with the spitfire??? You use both speakers or shut the internal one off????
I got my tripod at Wal-Mart. The legs are bendible...figure that would be good if I wanted it to hang on a tree plus it bends up and fits into my foxpro bag really easy.

Originally Posted By: rletts77Originally Posted By: bigdavidbeebeOriginally Posted By: rletts77
dtrykisxcykizyki75.jpg

How does the sp55 do with the spitfire??? You use both speakers or shut the internal one off????
I got my tripod at Wal-Mart. The legs are bendible...figure that would be good if I wanted it to hang on a tree plus it bends up and fits into my foxpro bag really easy.

I havent used it in the field yet!

I took rletts idea and ran with it. I had some kinda fur I bought at a garage sale with the intention to make a decoy. I wrapped it around my Spitfire, sprayed a little Fox P on it and turned it on. 10 minutes later I had a coyote on the ground. Rip open a teddy bear, or any stuffed critter and slide the caller in there. I had no reception problems with the remote. Thanks for the idea!

Sweet!! Glad it helped ya out! See how sitting around the house bored gets some decent ideas out. I went out at dusk today but the coon dogs spoiled the hunt.

Back