Impending Hi Capactiy Mag ban!!!

Well it is poor carpenters that blame tools.

These people can not seem to wake up to the fact that it is their soft stance on violent crime, and that they continually put people like this back on the streets because it is not their fault they committed these acts. It must be the fault of XXXXX (take your pick of the usual suspects). Just like spending in our government, no one is held accountable.

What we should be looking at is the problem which is the people who commit these acts, and a great many of them are repeat offenders.

sorry to rant hope it made sense

and back to the topic, I have 5000 floor plates for my AR's already produced, so if i understand most of these mag bans correctly that would mean i have 5000 pre-ban mags if this nonsense actually get pushed through.

However i doubt it will, as it would be political suicide for those who pass it at the end of the day. The purchasing habits of people has spoken, and with the amount of evil black rifles and the like sold over the last few years, the people have said, WE WANT GUNS.

Originally Posted By: Hidalgo
Why argue with them and ruin your day?

They remind me of Ron White's saying ...... "You can't fix stupid".
lol.gif

Good point!!

As for why argue with them... Because I can ruin their day too!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Stu Farish

You know some are going to try. trying doesn't matter, getting traction does. I don't think they can with this congress.

nope with the republicans in there they democrats are like a camaro with performance tires in the snow.

Speaking of butter knives. Maybe 8-10yrs ago. We were called to pick up some blood late one night. PD on scene shown us this pool of blood on a low spot on a sidewalk. I told that officer, looks like someone got shot or stabbed in the lungs. As the blood was bright pinkish red & frothy. Maybe a quart of blood spilled.

I also told him, I expect you guys will be getting another call before long. As we were soaking up this blood pool with hazmat spill pads. Local PD got a call 3 blocks away. They all took off.

A few minutes later we were dispatched from that scene for a "stabbing" call to the same ares as our PD. We arrived on scene, to see a guy yelling & threatening people with a ball bat. Officer's had their hand on their pistols. Yelling at him to drop the bat.

Badboy had an old round tipped butter knife. Buried to the hilt in his upper medial back area.

Moral of story; Butter knives, bad.

BTW I need to get me some more high cap mags.

Good point Travis; let the punishment fit the crime, and make it swift..not thousands upon thousands of taxpayer dollars later. I think that would be a helpfull deterrent.
And Rocky, thanks..I`m right with you on the vehicle thing..no don`t ban all vehicles just that particular make and model.
Not long ago, most will probably remember a terrible tradgedy at a Shopping Mall here in Nebraska...my comment to a friend was that the whacko could have just asked to see a hammer from the dept. store.
and now this week, another shooting at a school...
My sympathy to everyone involved in these terrible tragedies.

Originally Posted By: HookedGood point Travis; let the punishment fit the crime, and make it swift..not thousands upon thousands of taxpayer dollars later. I think that would be a helpfull deterrent.

Or it might open up the door to abuse of that system. It's easy to convict someone when they're tackled with a gun in their hand, but what about when the evidence is a little less clear? For instance, suppose someone arrested the guy who wrestled the gun away from the AZ shooter? "Well, he had a gun in his hand!" Justice is swift and the wrong guy's hung (or shot) at the scene of the crime. We can play with a bunch of similar scenarios including political frame-ups.

I don't have any use for 30 round clips either, but I don't think that banning them will do anything. I'm not worried about butter knives or cars, either. Bombs are banned and someone just blew up 200 people in Moscow.

There are just no easy answers to these problems and I guarantee that when "solutions" are put in place, criminals will find a way to circumvent them or abuse them. That's just what criminals do.

I understand NM HighPlains, I just think when the evidence is cut an dry thats all.
I just read in the paper a couple weeks ago a fellow that was exonerated in Texas by means of DNA evidence..after 40 years!....he will be a multi-millionare now! 80 million if I remember correctly.

EDIT: I have no desire for 30 rnd pistol mags. either...but just don`t feel thats the issue or all thats at stake.

Last edited:
I agree with the original poster who said its a bit of a different game now that one of them got shot. I believe that Obama always has had it in his mind to do something with guns, I thought he would wait until he didnt have to worry about re-election though. This whole tragic thing fell into his lap though and needless to say he is thinking there might not be a better time than now to get the ball rolling. I am going to go in a bit of a different direction though(not to do with hunting) and say that I like to go to the range with my ARs and have fun, not worry about squeezing the tightest group or how this bullet or powder going to work out. Its fun to go with some bulk 223 and just let loose with 30rd mags, or take my 870HD with a 8 shot tube and just shoot. With that said my first love has always been bolt guns, the last gun I bought was a CZ 17Rem..but I really like the thought of if I so choose my next gun could be another AR or a Glock and not to have to worry about paying a ransom for them if they are there at all.

move to ny where i live
it is illeagl to have any mag over 10 rds in a hand gun
and illegal to hunt with mags over 5 in an AR or even have any mags unless they are preban and still cant hunt with them
i could tell you you that with my ruger i can pop in a new mag in less than a second or 2
if someone practices enough it doesnt matter if its a 5 or 30 rd mag they will pop it in and continue to fire
i am not agreeing with this at all as i think it is nuts
no reason not to allow hi cap mags
like i said if someone is trained enough and decides to shoot up something they can reload quicker than it would take for someone to attack them

Back