got my gun

Hounded

well today i decided to take a ride and see what i could find for guns.. have been wanting a tc venture for a while so was hoping to find one. well made it to one of my sponsores places. (ll cotes). well they had a few stevens in 22 250 and 223. and then a couple of rugers in 223. well just as i was leaving a guy cam in with a venture. He wanted to trade it for a diffrent gun. he traded it and i bought it. payed 400 for a brand new gun. said he never shot it. Then it was time to find a scope. looked at a bunch of them. kinda liked the nikon yote special. but wasnt realy sure about it. Ended up getting a bushnell trophy xlt 3-9-40 and payed $80 for that on sale. so i spend about 500 bucks on everything. Think i ended up with a [beeep] of a deal

Talk about in the right place at the right time!

Congrats. Hope it's a tack driver for ya!
thumbup1.gif

if i remember right one was new and one was used. i think the new one was 240 somthing. and the used one was 200 and has bases and rings. and i cant wait to shoot it.. hopfully today i will but next question is what bollet should i shoot from it. i grabed a box of 55 grain rem. but was reaing in the book and it said not to mizs match brands?? iv always shot winchester and rem out of my 270. can i do the same with this??

In reading this I still dont know what caliber you have? .223,22-250? If its a 22-250 it will have a 1:12 twist. 55s shot well for me. Hornady v-maxes btw.

my bad its in 223. shot it today. and its fun lil gun. took longer than i thought to get it on paper. had a 5 shot group at 75 yards that was maybe an inch. think it will be fun once i get it cleaned up and some more shells

Think im gonna be headed up there in the next few weeks after a new .22-250, what does ll cote sponsor you for you race or something?

no i work with american traditions and my father puts out movies on his dogs and cotes sells them. what 22-250 are u ganna get

I was going to go with the savage model 10 predator, but I think i have changed my mind and am leaning more towards the venture predator, after handling them both i like the lighter weight of the tc better and the price tag lol.

well thats what i was looking for but make sure you call and have them order one. the dont have any. and everyone iv talked to said they are hard to come by

Ya I spoke with them up there last week one distributor had 3 in stock i was gonna order but wanted a little more time to make up my mind. Looks like your liking your venture. Welchs in leb has one predator in .22-250 in stock but I try to avoid business there if i can help it.

Wish i had knwon that. i would of got the preditor. and iv bought a few guns from welches. never had back luck and was usualy cheaper than other places. wheer in corinth are you. i was thinking about trying to get to vt for some hunting

Back