260 Rem F-class/tactical...............

2muchgun

---Lawton 7000 action
---26" SS Krieger 1-8 twist, standard palma, threaded for suppressor
---McMillan A5 adjustable, pillar and skim bedded, standard fill 50/50 black/gray, 5/16" McMillan rail inletted on bottom
---Kampfeld Custom oversized shifter
---PTG bottom metal
---Rebuilt Rem old school trigger set @ 1.75 lbs
---Lawton 20 moa rail
---Leupy Mark 4 rings
---Sinclair anti-cant level
---Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 NP-R1
---Custom made F-class bipod (still in the white, have to paint or coat it still)

Whole complete barreled action has been salt bath nitrided, or melonited, by MMi-Trutec:

007-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

021.jpg

008-4.jpg

010.jpg

Thanks guys. I've had this rifle sitting over at Karl's place (Kampfeld) for some time now waiting for him to inlet the McMillan rail for the custom bipod. I also ended up having him change the shifter(we traded), and coat the PTG bottom metal.....

The bipod is made by a local club member who is a retired machinist. He has a Bridgeport and a lathe in his downstairs man cave. He could have inlet the bottom metal in the stock he said. He also chambers barrels. I've not used one of them, but I know guys who do, and they shoot well.

The bipod is one [beeep] for stout design, machined of solid aluminum stock. The legs have "balls" on the ends which allows them to pivot and sit flat on any ground. The cylinder allows it to cant side to side(a lot). Plus, the whole system takes down flat and will fit into a gun case, if wanted. It is a FAR better bipod than the one Sinclair sells for $200. I'm extremely happy with it......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThanks. Did I hear you say you are putting one together?

Me?

Well if you were talking to me than yes I am. Don't you remember those best LR round posts a while back? I finally dicided on a .260 and got everything but a glass, rail and rings

~Bryan

Yep, I remember, Bryan. I knew you were, I thought maybe Jeff said he was also. Not sure.

Looking forward to seeing your rifle. We can share some load data......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThanks. Did I hear you say you are putting one together?

Yep, mine went down the road yesterday.

Very nice! Makes the wheels start turning for my next project
drool.gif
I'm in the process of rebarreling my little 6br now. Got the new barrel, just waiting on the reamer from PT&G (going 6brx this time).

How do you like that finish? I've heard VERY good things about it. Suposed to be tough.

I'd be interested in checking out that bipod too. Very KEWL!

Back