Finnaly after a year we connected **sorta**

jseph

Went out a couple Fridays ago to a new piece of land we were invited to. The guy wanted to go with us and take his little boy who is about 7 to watch. Didn't figure on seeing a thing with four of us sitting there and the young man and his dad using a white headlamp to walk in with. We went to the edge of this field and I scanned one time and seen eyes at about 200+ yards. Figured it to be deer so we sat down against the fence with very little cover. This guy being a duck hunter quickly assembled some tall grass/weeds over him and his boy. I howled one time waited about 5 minutes and scanned and hit red eyes. The yote turned his head and disappeared so I hit the rabbit squall for about 10 seconds then scanned once more and he had went from the NE corner of the field to the NW corner trying to get downwind. He just stood there so I hit the rabbit squall for about 3 seconds and here he came text book perfect. I barked to stop him and my buddy hit him with the 22 mag but we never found him. Sucked cause he had a pretty coat for a GA yote.

Last edited:
Back