building a lightweight duck blind

Takem

I found the plans for this online. Wood would be cheaper but this was nice because it's so light and I had to carry it disassembled a mile to my spot. I glued the joints, taped it all in a bundle and carried in on my shoulder. It's 1 1/4" pvc pipe, 6' long and the front wall is 3' high. Heres the link for the plans: http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=452

photo-66.jpg

photo-63.jpg

photo-67.jpg

That looks great and should work well.
Alot of times I carry some re-rod stakes and light weight fence and build a blind to sit behind.
Hope you are having a good season.

It's amazing how many projects one can build using PVC. It's
inexpensive,lightweight and easy to work with. Great job Takem! Thanks for sharing.
thumbup1.gif

Nice blind, but when I hunt spots like that, I just camo up good and sit in stand next to a bush. The ducks don't seem to notice.

Stay still and they are dead before they now it. Beats toting in a blind.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerNice blind, but when I hunt spots like that, I just camo up good and sit in stand next to a bush. The ducks don't seem to notice.

Stay still and they are dead before they now it. Beats toting in a blind.

Thanks. Always better to be in a blind with a little more freedom of movement and camo. Especially with a couple people and a dog. Ducks are super spooky here. No toting, it's there for good unless I really wanted to pull it.

Takem:

Nice blind. Thanks for the link. A few years ago I built a portable pvc system to use as a blind on my canoe. Later I made a similar blind using electrical conduit. The individual pieces fit into brackets on the inside of our canoe. Takes less than 10 minutes to set up then camo material is put around the sides. We can change spots quickly if the birds move.

Back