CS -24 & Jack Attack...

cbosshog79

I just got a Jack Attack a couple of weeks ago and have gotten it out a couple of times. For the most part I really like the thing and the critters seem to as well. The unit has a remote which turns it on / off, controls the speed of the decoy and operates a little led light and so far the range has been better than expected. The movement is great, it's quiet and the addition of the second wire really makes the decoy stand out. I think it can also be operated with the remote from the CS-24 as well but I haven't played with it enough to figure that out yet.

The only issue I have had with it to this point was with the switch. It has a little rubber plug that just sits inside the housing and actually depresses the switch when you push it and that thing has fallen out a few times. I stuck a small dab of superglue on the end of the plug and that seems to have fixed the issue. Aside from that it has worked great and it must be really water resistant because I used it in the rain for 12 hours yesterday and it never missed a beat...

12-26-FC-A.jpg

I had my cousin with me yesterday and he got his first cat over the CS-24 and the Jack Attack.

January%2015%20-%20Bobcat-A.jpg

Cody, you just run a little patch cable from the plug in on the Jack Attack to the Aux. plug on your CS-24. The CS-24 remote won't change the speeds though or turn on the LED. So you need to set the speed you want with the Jack Attack remote, and then just turn it on and off with the CS-24 remote. The thing must run forever on a set of batteries, and it really does have a good action. Looks like you already proved that bobcats like it. Kudos to you.

Nice going Cody.

Now is that a Swift fox or a Gray?

Did you see the other thread where the fox types are being discussed? I'm guessing Swift because it doesn't have a black strip running the lenght of its tail?

Man, I'm not sure... We have so few foxes around here that I've only called in very few in the last several years. I just assumed it was a grey but that might not be the case...

Back