Thomson center

getfoxy

They are officially dumb*****. My bolt for my 22-250 has been down since october, thet finally picked it up two weeks ago. Got it back today and guess what. It refuses to go back in my gun. When i put the bolt in my bolt is in the 6 oclock position, will not go in the bolt tract. You can look at the bolt and plainly see its assembled wrong. I knew it by looking at it when I opened it. Rediculous!

Sorry for my rant, had to vent.

Are you talking about the rear of the bolt? Does it need to be ( cocked ) and it would fit in. Does that make any sense.
Tarey

Well?

Did the bolt just need to be cocked.
smile.gif

Yep, but I wasnt able to do it. Local gunshop did it. Regardless of how simple it sounds, they should have never sent it in that position.

They just wanted to test your knowledge of TC bolts Foxy. Dirty, rotton SOB's!
smile.gif

I know from experiance that some bolts can be very tricky to get set cocked again. As far as that goes, most can be.

After seeing how it was done by the guy at the gunshop, could you do it now?

Yeah, after you see HOW it is done, it is pretty simple.

I used to know how to uncock and re-cock most any bolt. I'm sure I'd be stumped for awhile on a lot of them now. Just don't mess with that kind of stuff as much as I once did.

Me to Grant. It dosent feel as smooth as it did before but it could just be me. I dont understand why they did it either, like doggin said, a test of my knowledge I suppose.

Doggin, im pretty hands on, not too bright when it comes to the books, but when I see how something is done I can usually figure it out. Heck when I was in middle school I rebuilt my top end in my rm85 over the phone lol.

Last edited:
Update! Just came home, I got the bolt back in the gun. Just when I thought everything was fixed. Went to put a peice of factory brass in the rifle to test my "new" extractor, my bolt is nearly impossible to push all the way forward and equally hard to lock down. I had to beat it open, oh and it still didnt extract my brass. I had to knock it out as well. This crap is really getting old.

Back