What caliber ya using?

i live in a thick part of southern ky so no need for breath taking long shots here,

mossberg 12 gauge pump
25mn marlin 22 magnum

nothing fancy here!

17 Fireball 20g. Ballistic Tip-Rem. VTR 4-16x50 Target Tactical IR
204 32g. V-MAX -T/C Encore 4-16x50 Target Tactical IR
22 Hornet 35g.V-MAX - Ruger M77 3-12x 44

17hmr. The do it all gun.

Shoot em with it to slow em down. Catch up to em and then beat em with it until dead. Bull barreled rifles work best.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes17hmr. The do it all gun.

Shoot em with it to slow em down. Catch up to em and then beat em with it until dead. Bull barreled rifles work best.
smile.gif

Then this is horrible advice.

We should take experience into consideration with our recommendations.

That being said, I think doggin was just joking around as I would do. But this is the problem that I have with all the people that recommend the .17HMR at the drop of a hat to anyone asking.

Chupa

223 & 243 during the day, 22mag on night outings. That 223 is a dream gun, Savage really has some accurate guns out now. 223 is the most used caliber in this arena & the shells available in stores is always vast.

I figured id do it this way, instead of asking what caliber to get. I can get a better idea of what everyone else is using and make a decision. Think im just going to get the Stevens 200 in 22 250 and be happy!

I should also say that I ain't mad,perturbed or upset in the slightest with (doggincoyotes), he was just cracking a joke. I get it. Just using it as an example, we have people here that would have said such a thing and meant it.

Hope you ain't mad at me doggin
thumbup1.gif

Back on topic, I use a .223 mostly but I also have a 6x45 and a .308 that I use on occasion. Got a 6.8SPC that should be here in a few months........I'll carry that too.

Chupa

Back