jan,13th yote (close-up )

killcoyotes

here`s one the hounds ran today for over 15 miles (gps)

006.jpg

005-1.jpg

003.jpg

001-1.jpg

Awsome pics and nice dogs,

I have a questions for you guys, do the dogs kill the coyote or is it like cat hunting, get em bayed up and then the hunter steps in? I dont know anyone that runs coyotes with dogs, but i know a bunch of guys that run cats.

thanks

my hounds mostly bay the yotes, but sometimes they finish them before we get there. i`ve always had a few kill dogs, but i`d rather have them just bay the yote. it save alot of doctoring on the hounds that way. here in ny our yotes can get up in the 60lb range and can really mess up a dog. i also only run 1-2 hounds at a time.

Bigsky. I prefer that my dogs kill the coyote. If a dog enjoys fighting a coyote, he will run a lot harder to catch one. But I run more than one dog. There is usually anywhere from 2 - 6 dogs on a chase.

nice kc. and to anwser bigsky, im goin along with KCs idea. ive had 1 or 2 coundhound bred yote hounds that will kill them but then you get the chance to practice ur stitching.
laugh.gif
i prefer for them to just bay. they have really been baying alot in this snow lately 2.

Back