kansas bobcat help

deadhorse

help guys,
what license, permit or tags do i need to call in coyote or bobcat, shoot them and skin and sell the pelt. i will not be trapping. i emailed our wildlife dept, but he said all i need is a regular hunting license. everyone i talk to says i need a furbearing license and to have the bobcats tagged. how do i tag a cat and where?
any help would be much appreciated.

you need a furbearers license to sell them no matter what . also to shoot cats . hunting license to shoot coyotes. most c,o.s have tags cats need to be tagged before you can sell them.

you have to get a furbearers license, but before you do that you have to pass an open book test. I had Wildlife and Parks in Pratt fax me the test. I took it and they sent me a certificate in the mail. Take the certificate to one of the regional offices and they'll sell you a license.

Whenever I got a bobcat, I called the game-warden and either met him at his house or he came to mine to tag it. But you do have to have a furharvester's license. You need to have it tagged before you sell it. The tag has to do with exporting. There are a few members of the cat family that are endangered and look similar to a bobcat. They tag them to make sure that there is no mistake. If you plan to trap coyotes, you will need a furharvester's license for that. But you only need a hunting license to shoot coyotes.

If you are just wanting to shoot and sell coyotes, you don't need anything more than a hunting license. Bobcats require the furharvesters card and permit. Also if you trap coyotes, you must have the furharvesters permit.

Here is the link for the rules and regs for Kansas
RULES AND REGS

Back