your opinions on poisoning coyotes

Is this particular guy a cattle,sheep or any other sort if domesticared animal rancher? If so that means his livelyhood depends on keeping th numbers in check. Maybe he needs to do it in a more profdesional manner but he has the right to protect his animals. If its some guy who does it. Just to up his odds around deer season then by all means turn him in but don't knock a man down for trying to make a living

Packing peanuts are made of corn starch and would dissolve in the coyote's mouth or stomach. You can actually eat them yourself if you want to, but they don't taste very good.

I don't condone poisoning in any manner. It can't be targeted at a specific species. Any other animal can get into it with the same results. Eagle, bobcat, fox, dog, raccoon or even bear can get into them.

The govt trappers use the critter getters around here from time to time. i don't like it because my dog can get into one and have it go off in his mouth just the same as a coyote. For those of you not aware with what that is, it is a trap with a bit of fur on it that when pulled on it shoots a shell loaded with cyanide into there mouth. They put up flags on them to warn people, but flags can disappear too.

They don't work either. Last year Cmiddleton and I hunted right near one and we called in a coyote not 100 yards from it and shot him. When we went back to the truck there were new tracks right past the truck and the trap on his way to the call.

sounds to me like this guy needs a serious a$$ kicking to knock some sense in him you just don't do crap like that to animals. If it was me that knew he was doing it or attempting to do it I'd call the local officials and let them know first of all it is cruelty to animals even if he hasn't done it yet they might remind him of the punishment. If you are going to kill do it fast and humane and chose what you are killing.

Originally Posted By: HPWI don't condone poisoning in any manner. It can't be targeted at a specific species. Any other animal can get into it with the same results. Eagle, bobcat, fox, dog, raccoon or even bear can get into them.

The govt trappers use the critter getters around here from time to time. i don't like it because my dog can get into one and have it go off in his mouth just the same as a coyote. For those of you not aware with what that is, it is a trap with a bit of fur on it that when pulled on it shoots a shell loaded with cyanide into there mouth. They put up flags on them to warn people, but flags can disappear too.

They don't work either. Last year Cmiddleton and I hunted right near one and we called in a coyote not 100 yards from it and shot him. When we went back to the truck there were new tracks right past the truck and the trap on his way to the call.

its called an m-44 nothign wrong with it either if you had any idea about the regulations involved with useing it. it is effective beleive it or not been around since the 30s now days theyre spring loaded used to pop the sodium cyanine capsule with a 38 round now days its not the case it is activated when the animal pulls on the lure applier to the wool and pops the cyanide capsule in there mouth. its not totaly effective and yes dogs get into them i persoanly beleive the foothold trap is more effective and with conjunction with calling can prevent predator/livestock conflicts as well as to solve........nothign wrong with poison done LEGALY AND RIGHT the use of m-44s and 1080 livestock protection callers
is trmendously useful and effective be against it all you like but it still doesnt sway the facts id rathe ruse the foothold or snares but m-44s 1080s and oter posions and delivery systems are effective but must be used correctly

as for claiming they domt wor given your sitchuation he may have passed because you were callign him in his mind was on getting to the sound and to eat it or fight it.......im shure you have had dry calling stands does that mean callign doesnt work?
no offence meant but lets be realistic here
with all due respect

Last edited:
Back