"Unique" Target Used To Sight In Nikon BDC Scopes

Field Medic

I'm trying to locate a paper target that if I remember correctly was floating around the PM forum especially around the time Nikon came out with the Coyote Special BDC..The target was supposed to assist or help the shooter with the problems being experienced with the round circle,"being to big while on paper to pin point or aim at an exact spot" on the target in an effort to dial these scopes in. I remember that this was a controversy due to the shooter having to adjust. Ultimately the scope was never made to punch paper but we all want those "clover leaf" sight ins. This target was going to help out with that. I want to say Venatic had the target and introduced it to the rest of us but have been able to contact or get a return PM.. Hope someone can point me in the general direction or know of a target that is similar.. If you need a better description please let me know...

RNO brother I'm going to have to put you on a retainer!! Seriously you are a definite compliment and top notch resource for the PM site!!! You know your sh#t and how to get it... Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!! Have you or anyone else used this target lately?? Any tips or particular way you need to site in with this target???

That target will work, but it wasn't designed just for the BDC reticle. Basically any 3 inch circle target will work at 100 yards. Go to a 6 inch if you are zeroing at 200.

Quote:I don't have a Coyote Special, I think it will work great for my standard scopes.
+1... I print out a bunch of the for range use...

Pardon my ignorance but do you just print out the target on regular size coping paper then place it at 100 yds? I'm basically asking for some direction with this target...

I'm shooting R-15 IN 223
55 GR v-mAX'S

Obviously a Nikon Coyote 3-9... Is it relevant to have the variable set at its highest magnification. 9x for the best results???

Thanks!!

Back