How long have you hunted predators?

Almost 12 years, started at about 12 spot and stalk hunting them, and shooting targets of oppertunity for ranches i worked on, but fairly new to calling predators, this will be my second year of calling.

Shot my first coyote when I was 16 and have been hunting them on and off ever since. Turned 46 back in August so I guess that adds up to 3 decades.

I hunted them when I was a kid on my grandads ranch, but it was all spot and stalk(didn't know anything about calling or that it existed) Grampa would give us $25 for every coyote we brought him. As I grew older I stopped doing it cuz of things like baseball, golf and girls. I started a new job in 1999 and their was some coyote hunters that worked there. They asked me to go with them and boy was my eyes opened, I didn't know they could be called. Been hooked ever since, and if you ask the right people, they will tell you I need a support group for coyote hunting. So, I guess I've been "Calling" for about 10-11 years now.

Chupa

I have always shot them when I seen them, so if that counts then 45 Years. If that don't count then around 20 years calling, purposely hunting for them.

DAB

When I started WILLY COYOTE was a pup 45 years I suppose, may be a bit longer, There was modern powder and jacketed bullets.
scared.gif
nya_1.jpg

This makes my 11th year of doing it. The first half were not very serious, really made little attempt myself, just went when someone asked. For about the last 5 I have been more serious about it. My wife can verify that. Seems like the more people started deer hunting and I started loosing deer ground to people who are willing to pay to hunt, the more interesting the coyote hunting has become. That and the fact that it is so much more difficult than deer hunting. I love the challange.

Originally Posted By: rynokronStarted hunting Cougars in high school. Only been predator hunting for a few months now. Love it though.

That's funny right there...I don't care who ya are
laugh.gif

Chupa

Originally Posted By: HoskinsUh... 0 yrs, 0 weeks, 0 days, etc... but I've watched a lot of shows & read a lot of articles...lol, just starting out & will be getting out there soon!Same here

Well i killed my first off my back porch with a 30-06 when i was 12 and havent killed on since i just happened to look out the back door and seen it ran in the house grabbed my rifle and put the iron sights on him and dropped it........this year is my first year really hunting for them i have made 2 stands so far and called in 1 owl and 1 hawk......im going to wait until i get my new set of coustom calls and mojo critter decoy before i ge back in the woods.....i dont want to educate them before i find out what im doing....lol......between getting married and working i can only hunt nights and saturday's

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: getfoxyMy mom always told me that predator hunting and predator masters is the reason why I never was on drugs lol.
I was born and raised in Harlan County, Ky and left when I joined the Marine Corps and your comment relates to me as well. While most of the kids in my High School were out getting drunk and gettig blitzed on drugs....Chasing the Dragon if you will, my older cousin & I were on the river during the summer wade fishing and bank fishing by a fire and Coleman lantern of the night. We were in the mountians almost everyday when there was something legal to hunt!

Mom worked a min wage job to support us, dad sent no or very little child support and I figured that I at least owed her not to be an idiot and get into trouble when she was working so hard to keep us up. She wouldn't allow me to work because she wanted me to have a childhood that she didn't have, she knew just how much I loved to hunt and fish, and she knew every since I was a small child that I was joining the military. So hunting was my savior and what kept me out of trouble as well.

Started when I got my drivers license so that would be 6 years. Never really got serious about it till two years ago.

Last edited:
Back