TEXAS FURBUYERS AND PRICES

txwhitetail

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard any early reports on fur prices in Texas. Also, does anyone know of any fur buyers making routes through Texas this year. Have some buddies that sold several cats last year for around $100. Just wondering if prices will be as strong this year.
Thanks

I saw the cover of this month's Fur Fish and Game magazine at a convienence store today. The cover said something about high fur prices this year and something about $400 bobcat furs.

I did not get to read the article, as the guy in the restroom finally came out and it was my turn to go in.

bobcat prices are expected to be high again this year for better quality hides.Heavy furred,spotted n.eastern cats and hevy pale n.west should fetch the best price.A trapper buddy of mine avgd. $300+CDN for his 11 cats last winter at NAFA,with a high of $490ish?the fur forecasts i've seen are predicting roughly the same prices this year,with southern cats somewhere around $100+.if you don't mind waiting for your money,NAFA auction is the way to go for best price IMHO.

Ive tried to gather info on how to go about selling to NAFA and never recieved any type of response. Is this an elite organization er whuuut?

The website is very uninformative.

Tommy Johnson,I dont know the link,but I'm sure you could find it,but I've done well in the past with Fur Harvesters Auction out of canada.I have heard of reports from guys getting taken by NAFA on coyotes big time.One guy sold some january colorado coyotes there and fetched $2 a piece.Lot of PO'ed guys right now.

Hey Tommy,

There is supposed to be a buyer out of Big Spring that was paying the most out that way last year. I cant remember the name but my brother said that he paid more than the other two west texas buyers. I will try to find out the name. I am from out your way and have done a lot of hunting in Sterling, Glasscock, Mitchell, Coke, and Runnels counties.

tommy or anyone else wanting to get more information on nafa you can call Tara Connors at 1-800-872-3877. Tara is very knowledeable and helpful and can start you in the right direction. Yu can also contact Les Barnes, he is the closest pickup agent to us here in Texas. Les is out of Kansas and his number is 785-945-3598. Good luck and feel free to give me a call if I can help. You can reach me at 325-473-2019, but be patient as I will be hunting. I have clients coming in starting Monday. Again nafa isn`t perfect, but it beats the hell out of our other alternative here in west Texas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Txwhitetail, The fur buyer in the Big Spring area is Wright's furs( Wayne Wright) His number is 432-398-5508, 432-268-6423cell. I spoke with him this morning and has plans to set up different buying stops in the area, as well as offering to meet me if needed.

Back