Kansas illegal hunters!!!!!!

I see a dog box out here and I give chase if they stop on our ground. We have let several try it and all they do is destruct wheat ground and dig ruts in the field. They can do all the chasing they want, just not on us. We have even given "good friends" opportunities to hunt and they all seem to leave pasture gates down, dig ruts and piss the neighbors off.

If its legal then let it be. Besides if I was inquiring about buying a gun any gun weather it be tactical or hunting and it was gonna be a bought legally and some guy basically called me a moron by saying I didn't know squat about guns or hunting (yote or other hunting)I would be a littled mad myself. Maybe u shoilda just left it at its sold instead of bein a smart a$$ to the guy. Sounds yo me like you brought th name calling to yourself by the way you handled re situation.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyWill i really want to read what you have posted i'n green but i can't lol.

If you highlight that portion of his post you can read it just fine. Why he did that thou is beyond me.
Chris

Dont get wrong on my post earlier i dont just hunt from trucks, I love going out and calling just as well. But every year we have permission from a lot of ranchers around here that have yote problems and we run them every Sat. all day for about two months a year. Taking about 12 yotes a day. Its a different way ya but it is like playin chess we have about seven trucks and and a 4 wheeler for pushin theres a lot of stragety and thought on setup then u would think its not just drivin and shootin everyone knows there shootin lanes and skylines and where everyone is at all times. just my info those i do know there are crazys out there but we keep it safe so happy hunting however u do it as long as theres a dead yote in the end its all good.

Very polarizing to say the least.

For me I despise road hunters with a passion. In the fall a local road hunter shot a soldier who was out training with his squad on the boundary of FT.Riley. The road hunter thought it was a coyote... completely irresponsible. Then tried to drive away. Of course now it has been said he actually thought the soldier was a deer. Which also makes him a poacher and that's how I view any road hunter driving around as.

I can see calling coyote out in the wide open from the cab of your truck but I think the intent of the law has been twisted as I see them out just driving around looking for something to shoot. My land border a large tract of WHA and Corp of engineer land and I see them just driving around making the loop. Right before the opening day of the extended doe season some road hunter shot the WHA road access gate the corp of engineers locked off its hinges with buck shot. I assume so he could come back opening day and say it was already open so he just drove in.

My neighbor plays loud music during deer season off his porch so they just keep going. Last 2 days around here I have been playing my MA21 Crow sounds off my back deck to keep them from stopping near us....plus killed a few crow also.

It may be legal but I do not like them and think the intent of the law has been grossly misused.

For those of you who thinks it is legal to shoot at yotes from a truck with shotguns, rifles or otherwise you are wrong. Not legal at all. You can pursue them in vehicles and with dogs but can't shoot from any vehicle without a permit and cannot hunt from any roadway. I have verified this with the KDWP multiple times now and my neighbor who is a KDWP officer back it up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PassmoreFor those of you who thinks it is legal to shoot at yotes from a truck with shotguns, rifles or otherwise you are wrong. Not legal at all. You can pursue them in vehicles and with dogs but can't shoot from any vehicle without a permit and cannot hunt from any roadway. I have verified this with the KDWP multiple times now and my neighbor who is a KDWP officer back it up.

I just got back from Kansas and this is what I was told. NO SHOOTING FROM TRUCK. The three ranchers that stopped to talk to us didn't seem to get this message all three had loaded rifles on the front seat. So did one road hunter that stopped to talk.

I'm not a big fan of anyone chasing coyotes with any motor vehicle. I have had it happen a couple of times to me now. I have been setup by the edge of a field. Out in the desert, nice big sage brush open land covered in snow. Well.. I was sitting there calling away. I see a coyote aways away. Next thing I know I hear snowmobiles, or dirtbikes and Coyote takes off. These guys chased the coyote right towards me and passed me. they keep coming and I have almost been ran over by them. By the time I get to my truck I see there tracks going around my truck real close, with no reason. the coyote didn't go by my truck. It drives me crazy. I also have had a coyote on it's way into me when a road hunter up higher on a hill sees it as well. They start lobbing rounds in over my head since there behind me.

Originally Posted By: catwhacker
I just got back from Kansas and this is what I was told. NO SHOOTING FROM TRUCK. The three ranchers that stopped to talk to us didn't seem to get this message all three had loaded rifles on the front seat. So did one road hunter that stopped to talk.

How old were the ranchers and what kind of rifles ?

Carrying loaded rifles in your truck is a way of life for farmers and ranchers in the lots of areas of
the midwest. I know, I grew up there.

I could go into the reasons my family did it but don't want to bore anyone and to many would
just keep screaming it's still illegal.

I here ya! I am having a hard time getting many shots this year, but yesterday morning I was sitting out on my first stand @ about 8am Two snowmobiles were coming towards me they were about 800 yards out chasing a coyote the yote was trying to get to the river bottom wich is where I was sitting. Well the first snowmobile ran him over twice, then both snowmobiles stopped and the guys were standing there talking I couldnt see the #'s on the sleds cause they were facing me so I started to walk out to them "was gonna give a pieceof my mind" I got about 300 yards from them before they saw me and jumped on their sleds and hauled [beeep] outa there. This crap happens all the time here in MN. Sucks

these guys that are chasing yotes... do they have permission? or are the trespassing? treaspassing is a big no no here, most farmers/ranchers are willing to let you hunt if your good enough to ask.

Thanks everyone that agrees with me. We all know what the law is and to the ones that can't follow them your time will come. Now I hope that everyone that reads this post now knows how 98% of legal yote hunters feel about truck hunting!!! IT IS ILLEGAL, SO DON'T DO IT!!!! Thanks again from Kansas.

Back