Fleshing Video clips

We got together this weekend, and burned up some film. Roughly 45 minutes worth.
Were going to get together again Monday on the 25th and see if we can burn another 45 minutes worth and finish it up.
Our goal is to have roughly an hours worth of material after all the editing is done for the actual film.

Any suggestions on what some of you may like to see in this film before we try and finish up on the 25th?
What we have covered so far in the footage we have taken is;
The skinning process we did a raccoon and a grey fox
Basic fleshing on the beam with a fresh raw skin
Final fleshing on the beam
Fleshing with a fleshing wheel
Prepping hides to ship to a tannery, or dry and sell to a fur buyer
Salting hides
Freezing hides
Removing paws and claws details

Next shoot we plan on dorsal cutting a Bobcat and skinning it through this dorsal cut. Mark (cracker) plans to show some of you another way to bring better revenue from some of your hides by using this skinning technique.
Odd colored coyotes, coons cats, etc. sometimes don't bring much money from the fur buyer. With a dorsal skin done on these hides, you will have the option of selling them to a taxidermist for better money then a fur buyer will give sometimes.

River said it, we shot some film and we want to know WHAT YOU WANT ON IT, sorry for yelling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
please let us know.
Sportingly
Cracker

Any chance of seeing a coyote and a deer skinned? I haven't deer hunted in 15 years and then someone else helped me skin it out. My 7yr old daughter wants a deer skin so we can make her a jacket and she can wear it to school and freak out all the PETA people and vegetarians. I sewed her a dress last year that came out pretty good. My wife/her mom died 18 months ago so I'm being both mom/dad. There ain't much I won't try for my little girl.

Freddie

Im sure in your fleshing section you'll cover how to split the eyelids, lips and turn the ears, but if not DO IT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (sorry for yelling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

Its a very misunderstood subject and is very critical step to those preparing their own hides to tan. The need to get salt in every nook and cranny is important. Not much a tannist can do about poor field care. I lost my big muley cape last year due to being impatient and didnt have enough hours in the evening to turn them big ol ears and flesh them steaks off of the hide that the butchers left on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BTW good idea River and cracker!! I'll buy 11 of em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tommy we did plan on covering the turning of the ears and the spliting lips and lids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif . by the way we like getting yelled at, sometimes its the only way we will listen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif if you think of anything else let us know and we will add it. now if I can just get river runner to stop saying CUT.
Cracker
sorry I didn't see your post right away Mnt teddybear and very sorry to hear of your loss it takes a big man to step up to the plate and fill both shoes. we are planning on skinning a coyote and if you use the same steps as jeff did skinning the coon and fox on your deer you will have no problem skinning it. take care of that little girl and straight shooting.
Sportingly,
Cracker

I'm jumping in a bit late and this may be a little off topic. But you asked what we would like to see.

I am new to this,(never shot anything yet, but want to be prepared). I have a limited area to prepare animals. I would like to see the best way to skin and freeze a hide with out fleshing and drying. Once I have a few under my belt i would like to progress to the fleshing and drying stage, but i need to go in baby steps.

When the video is ready let me know, i will buy also.

thanks
Steve

River Runner,

Regarding your video, if it's not too late, I'd like to see correct tumbler usage included. Please let me know when she's done.

Bow Hunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

--------------
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

We didn't put any tumbling in er, but we could consider it for partII.
Oh wait...were not suppose to talk about partII yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We don't really have an expected date SmallBlock. Just kinda doing what we can when we can.
With Mark being a taxidermist and me tanning you can only imagin how busy we are this time of year.

Hang in there buddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back