Fleshing Video clips

River Runner

BuckFever...(or anyone for that matter) here's a few fleshing video clips I took over the weekend for you.

Now keep in mind I'm no movie producer, and I was limited to 30 second clips doing this with my digital camera. By the time I got my popcorn made the clip was over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh yea! and my camera-man, I mean my camera-lady was my 11 year old daughter. So this will all be top notch, high grade stuff.

They all average in size around 7.5 meg. I realize that's a pretty chunky file but I compressed and converted them to avi files and it really sucked the video quality right outta them.
Any other means of compression and then I have to wonder who has what for decompression codecs, ya know what I'm sayin? So I left em as is.

You'll need Quicktime player to view them and the best way to save them is right click the file name here and choose "save as".
Save it to your desktop. When it's done downloading, simply double click the icon on your desktop.

Fleshing beam #1

Fleshing beam #2

Fleshing Wheel #1

Fleshing Wheel #2

Shaved deer

If there's any problems, let me know. If this isn't what you were looking for BuckFever, or if anyone else would like to see something else....let me know.

I've got a fast connection and I think I may have fallen asleep waiting for the download.

How many derned times do I have to tell you to make a video on how to skin, flesh and home tan!!! I'll buy the thing from you!!!!

You even have someone who volunteered to do the editing for you for FREE!!! You can't beat that deal.

No, get off your a$$, get a hair cut and get that video done!

Any questions?

Randy

EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks a million!!! I agree with R Buker though in that you should make a video in the steps from beginning to end. Basically make a video of yourself tanning the entire thing from start to finish (salting, fleshing, etc.) That's only if you want to though, but with your talent and skill, I think you could make a lot of money on something like that. Plus, I don't think you would lose profit from your current business. It shouldn't cost much to edit even having it professionally done. Then whatever you copy it to, more than likely a cd/dvd, mail it to yourself to get the date of fabrication then copyright it.

Pretty much with the structure of a "Tanning for Dummies" manual.

Just a thought. Anyhow, again, thanks a million. Even that 2 1/2 minutes with 5 clips takes a lot of the guess work out of something. Think of what a 30 min video would do.

Cracker and I have been putting off exactly that for way too long, BuckFever. That's what Bukers jumpin on me about up there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cracker is another member of the board here and I guess we should quit putting it off and get something done. Hmmm, I see he even emailed me again today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'll make you a deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You make the video and I'll be your manager when you're famous. I only require a 30% commision.

Well darn anyway. I can't get anything to come up. I am going to be skinning all my yotes and other critters I trap this year. Any good video's out there that would help me prep the hides. I tried fleshing last year and had a pretty tough time. Also I am going to try mount my antelope this year. Any ideas on some good instructional tapes? Thanks.

Hey RiverRunner,

One mroe question. That fleshing beam you have looks like a piece of good ol 8" PVC pipe. Is that what it is or are my eyes playing tricks on me???

That's exactly what is and it works great...BUT a lot of that has to do with the fact that I've never owned or used a flatter beam.
I pretty much been using the ole PVC beams for years, I've been told the flatter beams are easier to work with, and take a bigger swath off with each stroke, but it's taken me almost 10 years to even consider trying it. I'm thinking about getting a small one for now. Flatter beam that is.

Were... Cracker and I, are going to start shooting this weekend. Were going to make a video on skinning, fleshing, and some basic preparation, and tanning.

You'll all here more on this as it progresses...wish us luck
eyebrows2.gif

Need me to show ya how to skin? You would have to make it a 3 hr video. An hour for me and 2 for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey...who rattled, I say who rattled your cage?
wow1.gif

No actually your right Crapshoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I've already got my brother lined up to do the skinning footage. He's got 20 years plus, of trapping skinning and selling fur under his belt. Everything that comes to the tannery here is obviously skinned so can you imagine how many dvd's it'd take to film me doing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just thought of something else. You should throw in a little speed skinning by advancing the film rate and play it to the background of "Dueling Banjos". Nothing like a good ol' redkneck film.

Back