Charles Daly 12 ga. semi

dbowling

Getting ready to purchase a Charles Daly 3 in. semi-auto for a really decent price to coyote hunt with.. the only drawback is it has a 28 in. vr barrel w/choke tubes...called a couple gunstores that carry a large selection of barrels and neither had a short barrel for it and said they couldnt get one... anyone have a idea where one can be had 22-26 in. w/choke tubes....also anyone coyote hunt with one if what what do you think of them...

So no one has one of these guns or has had one? Also read where a guy posted that the barrels/parts from Rem. 11-87 are interchangeable with the semi-autos... went and picked the gun up tonight, its the Superior model w/gold trigger...
confused.gif

Don't know about replacement barrels but the remchoke tubes will work on your Daly. I've never hunted predators with a shotgun (shotgun range is also bow range
thumbup1.gif
)but my wife bought me a CD 20guage semiauto 'bout 6 years ago and it's been a good one. Light as a feather and has never given me any problems. I have a friend who has the 12guage like yours and he loves it, but he doesn't coyote hunt with his either, only birds.

Okie, thanks for the response, it came with a Rem choke and a Daly choke...will find out tomorrow how it works didnt get home till after dark and didnt want the neighbors to think a crime was being commited if I fired it down into the ravine behind the house...one things for sure its light enough to carry all night or day..

I had a 12 gauge and about every fourth shot it wouldn't go off. As long as I didn't use light loads in it the gun worked fine. Just remember they are a good price but you get what you pay for. Mine went down the road within a few months.

I had a 12 gauge. After about 300 rounds the shell carrier started to malfunction. I will not buy another foreign made gun. Never had a single problem with the various Remington or Mossberg shotguns I own.

I got my CD semi about 6 years ago. It has been a great gun. At first I had to shoot 3in for about 500rds to break it in, it would not function with 2 3/4. After 500rds it worked great with 2 3/4. It has shot thousands of rounds with out a malfunction.

Back