Re-Loading Journals

LuckyB

What are you's using for re-loading Journals/records? I've been using a note book and it's getting pretty messed up and ragged. Also what type of info are you keeping? Could some of you's post some pictures of your Journals? I'm looking for a better, neater, more longer lasting record keeper that I might leave to Grand Kids some day that serves as a good representation of my years of re-loading. A testament of you will.

I know I should do better but I use a sharpie and just write it on the bench once I get a load that works. I can never find the stupid note book.....

Originally Posted By: KAGI know I should do better but I use a sharpie and just write it on the bench once I get a load that works. I can never find the stupid note book.....

If I did that my whole bench,the shelves, and all four walls, and all four sides of my gun-safe would be covered completely.
w00t.gif

I use 3 ring binders now. I started with a spiral notebook but my wife made a form that I use a hole punch and put in the binders. I am on my fourth large binder. Maybe you can get the gist from my first binder and the two current ones I am using.
IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Last edited:
Notebook? CPU and a scanner. I do have a form that I could send you that I use. Then I just scan it onto my CPU along with my targets. Keep a paper copy of my notes but throw away most targets. Well not the really good ones.

So Venatic, you have a different tab for each load/caliber that you re-load? and they are all in your 3 ring binder? What type of info to you keep when loading? Do you post/add chronograph info as well?

This is what I was asking for. Some other ideas on what some of you's consider important and how you record and maintain that info.

Please post more. If you could or would like post your forms for us to see what your keeping and how you's reference that info.

Thanks

Bigsky send me a PM with your email and I will send you a copy of my form.
I pretty much have tabs for all the calibers that I own but I have a separate section for good friends and relatives that I make occasional loads for in calibers that I do not own.I have just as many dies for calibers that I don't own guns for as ones I do.
blush.gif

Here is a picture of how I utilize my form. I hope you can read it.

IMG_0999.jpg

Originally Posted By: venaticI will send you a copy of my form.
I pretty much have tabs for all the calibers that I own but I have a separate section for good friends and relatives that I make occasional loads for in calibers that I do not own.I have just as many dies for calibers that I don't own guns for as ones I do. blush
Here is a picture of how I utilize my form. I hope you can read it.

Hey Venatic, Thanks, this is what I was asking y'all about. I think I'm ah going to try the three ring binder with caliber tags as well. Could you, would you send me a copy of your form too?

Anybody else? Please share your record methods? I/We might not totally pinch your way but it might enlighten us and give us some ideas and such.

Thanks again.

I use a smaller notebook that I got from one of the vendors at work.

I record Powder, Buller, Primer, COAL.

I then mark the five different charge weights if I'm working up a load and then measure all my groups when I get home and right the corresponding group size under the appropriate charge weight.

Not the best system but I've been able to find and then reuse some pretty accurate loads with it.
smile.gif

Back