Scope mount Larue or JP

Derek0525

I just went down yesterday and got my scope 4x12 nikon BDC and now am looking for a good solid mount. This scope is gona stay on this upper when I get it done as soon as Bushmaster sends my FFT Wich I have been waiting for since Dec 3 but anyways I kinda narrowed it down between the Larue or the JP one I have read that people like the Larue but havnt heard of anyone using the JP one. It looks just as good. Also where is the cheapest place to buy either one of these.

Both are designed at 1.5" from rail to centerline, & both companies also have a repetition for quality. The Larue LT-104 is considered by many as The AR optic mount, and when you see one in the flesh, it's easy to understand why. The Larue has a speed lever for quick removal or transfer to another rail. The one thing the JP has that the Larue doesn't is a set of inserts so the mount can be used with a 1" or 30mm tube, but it's mounted with five socket head screws.

Oh, and Larue always sends free stuff like a hat, cool bottle opener, their own dry rub and the famous bumper sticker, "God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers"....

DEREK0525

Quote:This scope is gona stay on this upper when I get it done

.... Since you are going to leave the scope attached why not consider the Burris P.E.P.R. instead of the JP???

I haven't tried the JP but it looks similar to the Burris and it is a lot cheaper....

I have the Larue on my Larue AR and the Burris on my Remington R15 Carbine.... Performance wise,,,, I couldn't ask for anything more from either set-up.... Both are consistent tack-drivers and very dependable....

Good luck with your decision process....

--------

Larue. If you decide on the Larue, order it directly from them. They will give you freebies, such as a beverage entrance tool and dillo dust.

Last edited:
I have the JP mount on my AR. I bought it because I didn't need the quick release feature as the scope stays on the same gun all the time. Plus, I just like the looks of the JP mount. I purchased mine directly from JP. You won't go wrong with either mount, it just comes down to personal preference.

IMGP0590.jpg

IMGP0588.jpg

Gotta say the JP.
In a combat situation,or a 3-gun match, yes i would like to have the option to"throw" my optics for some backup sights.
But for predator hunting,its one more thing for my jacket to snag on,and that little more weight that just seems too add up real quick.
Are you going to be running B.U. sights?
Don't get me wrong Larue definitely has some great products,and don't go cheap on anything they build.
Im planning on going with a Larue mount for my 3-gun build.
Just another opinion,either way you go your using the best of the best.

Last edited:
Nope no backup sights the scope is gona be mounted and not be removed I think I made the choice to go with the JP mount searched around and found a site that has them for $148.

Larue's LT104 is about the best mount you can buy. IMHO. They now have a VFZ (Vector Force Zero) option on their mounts. That one is $25 less than the QD mount so it's $170 plus shipping. Well worth the price.

Have you had your hands on the Burris PERP mount before. If you are going to leave it on the gun, save yourself some money and get the Burris PERP mount. $68 from JoeBoboutfitters and you have a lot of money left over vs. the JP and a whole lot left over from buying the LaRue.

Originally Posted By: jlindholm70Larue's LT104 is about the best mount you can buy. IMHO. They now have a VFZ (Vector Force Zero) option on their mounts. That one is $25 less than the QD mount so it's $170 plus shipping. Well worth the price.

Actually, I thought it was $25 less per throw lever so $50 less on the LT104 because it had two throw levers. That would put the Larue $150ish so close to the JP.

EDIT: Just added a LT104 to my Larue shopping cart with the VFZ option and the cost was $145.

Last edited:
Back