Bushnell Banner scope ???? on an AR-15 .223 Rem.

DAB

For all you AR exsperts
tt2.gif
Hey I just bought a CZ 452 - SE 17 HMR USED bolt action rifle with a 6-18X50mm Bushnell Banner scope on it. I can not use a 50mm scope on any bolt gun because it has to be mounted WAY to high. It will work on my AR so was wanting to give it a try.

Now the thing that is bugging me is that I read some where that an AR is harder on scopes because of all the slamming around it does during firing.

If I had a bolt gun in .223 Rem. and could use this scope on it I would have no questions about the recoil harming this scope as I have used cheaper scopes ( Tasco) on rifles with more recoil then a .223 Rem.. with no problems!! So far.

So the question is will the banner scope take the recoil of the AR?

I would like to get some use out of this scope since I have it.

If I HAD to have a high power scope on my AR I would put my 5-20X40 Nikon Monarch on it
thumbup.gif

If it wont take the recoil I'll sell it or trade it off. No big deal.

DAB

Yes it will work. One of the less recoil guns there is. That is one of the benefits of the operating system. If you do sell let me know. I will put it on my AR.

The first AR I bought I mounted that very same scope on it. It was one of the ugliest AR's I have owned and very accurate. Wish I still had it. (Cheap Bushy A3 16 inch Hbar)

Back