cz 527 ?

7887mm08

Hey Everyone
So i was at the gun shop today and i found one of these NIB 22-hornet full length stock. Sweet piece of wood, and have a soft spot for the hornet. i 've heard good things about the cz rimfires but don't know much about their centerfires. So i guess my questions are 1 how does the 527 shoot and 2 how much accuracy will i loose by having the full length stock? Ihave no knowledge about the mannlicher stock Thanx for any help

Originally Posted By: 7887mm08 how much accuracy will i loose by having the full length stock?

Not enough to care because rifles with mannlicher stocks make up for accuracy deficiencies with sex appeal
thumbup1.gif

I have the 527fs in a .223. you will not loose any accuracy due to the stock, I dont think its truely floated, but mine has plenty of wiggle roome int the front of the stock.

Mine is an excellent shooter, I dont measure groups, but it hits what im aiming at. Its accuracy far exceeds my ability which is fair to average.

and yeppers she is a looker!!!!

Dave

I have a 527 American in 221 fireball and a varminter in 17 rem. And both shoot 1" moa. There well built with there mini Mauser action. They are great rifles and I buy another in an instant.

My first CZ rifle was a 527FS in 22 Hornet, the barrel length will not affect the accuracy and in the case of the hornet I don't think it affects the velocity as I was able to get published velocities with several different loads.

If you can walk and chew gum, the safety's no more of an issue than it is when you shoot your shotgun or handgun.
Don't let that ol internet whine keep you from buying one of the coolest rifles around.
IMO,, the nostalgia of the Hornet goes hand in hand with the full stock and the CZ's the perfect platform for both.

Please post pix when ya get her.
Luck

Didn't mean to imply that you were "whining". LOL
I've just heard that tired old crap for so long, I've lost patience with it.
I mean really,,, what do the cry babys do when they pick up a shotgun or hand gun..
I have a friend that contends that the safety's actuall correct, and the rest are backwards. His rational is that you cock it to fire just like a handgun or lever, single shot, or any number of other applications.
Makes as much sense to me as allot of the BS I see posted.

Lol. I don't see the big deal. I mean it i's out of the ordinary but so are alotta things i suppose. I could care less if the safety was up, down, left, right, backwards, or forwards.

Btw, I'm kind of eying a cz 17 rem at buds gunshop for 538$ i beleive. But idk if i can get use to the safety or not
wink.gif

They take 16mm rings and most of the time a riser or high rings to clear the bolt handel.You can get both at midway if it don't come with rings.I just sold mine.It shot like a champ but had feeding problems I could not put up with.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistThey take 16mm rings and most of the time a riser or high rings to clear the bolt handel.You can get both at midway if it don't come with rings.I just sold mine.It shot like a champ but had feeding problems I could not put up with.

What caliber?

It was .223.I really liked the rifle,not knocking them.I just like push feed better.Sometimes the extractor would not slip over the rim and it would push the round into the chamber then the round was stuck and the bolt would not close.Just happen now and then but seems like at the worst times.I'm sure it could have been corrected but I did not want to fool with it.Another fellow wanted it and thought that little issue would not bother him so he has it now.

Foxy,,, you better jump on that 17Rem at that price.
Just do what a lot of the monkeys I know do,,, and don't bother using the safety.
wink.gif

Gun safety's way over rated anyway.
laugh.gif

I have the American in .223.Right out of the box it's very accurate.The set trigger is great at the bench/developing loads but when used in regular mode it has a lot of creep and feels very crude.I haven't yet gotten around to seeing how much of the creep I can adjust out but from what I've heard it's pretty easy/inexpensive to fix and in the end you have a great trigger.Mine came with rings.They're good but you need to watch for bolt clearance depending on the scope.With Leupolds VXI 2-7 wearing BC flip up lens covers there's only about 1/8" clearance.

Bernie P.

Your owners manual shows how to adjust the trigger.
Definatly worth the ten minutes IMO. (Or thirty minutes if you're a clutz like me.)
So easy an old Carpenter can do it.
Luck

Back