Ewt kill light xlr 250 specs

my XLT250 was $119.00 plus shipping and i don't know how you'd rig a quick change mount. the one that comes with it is good and strong but certainly not fast to chnge.
don

6mm I have a new mount I developed, I'm going to the machine shop tomorrow to see when they can have some in production. It will have a quick release setup and will easily switch between guns and be aimable in the field. Do you keep your light hard mounted on your rifle or do you scan with it in your hand and then put it on your gun for the shot? I have mounts that will satisfy either scenario. Hopefully I can get the shop in gear and get them going...lol

Yes, you can rig the XLR250 so it disconnects quickly. Use the scope mounting bracket that comes with it only instead of putting the light through the hole in the end of the bracket where the light goes, just put a 1" scope ring on the light and clip it right to the short mount bar on the bracket. Then when you want the light off just loosen the nut on the scope ring and remove the light. Takes like 10 seconds.

See pictures 3 and 4 on this page. I turn mine down so the light lays along side the stock and it will fit in a soft gun case without removing the light in that position.
http://www.sniperhawglights.com/destroyergunmountpics.htm

McDonald,

I'm really anxious to see your design.

I would leave the light mounted on my gun, and use another light for scanning.

The idea of changing the light from one rifle or shotgun to another is what I'm looking for. Separate mounts on different guns and a quick disconnect would be the cat's meow.

David

I got it for you, just got to be careful with sending them out before the lawyer says to, my luck within three days someone else would be selling them and I'd be S.O.L. for my idea..lol I won't make a lot of money because I'm going to try to keep them cheap but it will work great and I can make some ammo money. I'll need some testers so maybe I'll send you down one to try out and give me some feedback right away.

I hope I'll have some done before then for the guys but now I guess I'm at the mercy of the machine shop schedule. If I had the equipment to make them myself I'd have a bunch made but I guess I'm waiting. At least soon I should be able to post a picture and pricing. I'll update as soon as I can.- Matt

put me on the list,i have a pl now and just ordered a kill-lite 250 this morning,i ordered the pl from matt a few months ago but my mount i ordered with it never came,was told it was on backorder and he would send it right out,after two more calls still no mount,if you ever run out of dogs in bristol you would be more than wecome to help me clean them up down here in prattsburgh.

Could make that trip easy enough Jim...lol If i ever get any time to get out. I wish I had a thousand of these mounts right now but we're playing the hurry up and wait game. It will be worth the wait. A few people have seen it and it will do the job.

smile.gif
No field use but lights up the neighborhood real good.

a9717904.jpg

Originally Posted By: donlynchmy XLT250 was $119.00 plus shipping and i don't know how you'd rig a quick change mount. the one that comes with it is good and strong but certainly not fast to chnge.
don

I think they saw the new found fame and started to sell them for 139 now

Originally Posted By: akereOriginally Posted By: donlynchmy XLT250 was $119.00 plus shipping and i don't know how you'd rig a quick change mount. the one that comes with it is good and strong but certainly not fast to chnge.
don

According to my receipt just yesterday, mine from BoonDock-Outdoors was $119.95 shipped.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: JebOriginally Posted By: akereOriginally Posted By: donlynchmy XLT250 was $119.00 plus shipping and i don't know how you'd rig a quick change mount. the one that comes with it is good and strong but certainly not fast to chnge.
don

According to my receipt just yesterday, mine from BoonDock-Outdoors was $119.95 shipped.
thumbup.gif

============================================================================
If McDonald has a better mousetrap, I'm all for it! It currently takes me less than eight seconds to transfer my XLR 250 from one rifle to another with stuff already available from Brownells!

Akere,
It is not new found fame it is inflation and increase in manufacturing cost. I am a dealer and my prices will be going up to match EWT's real soon. These lights have actually been on the market for a few years now without a price increase. only I give free shipping on my lights for the time being.

J.Weber

Back