need help choosing a camo pattern!

Originally Posted By: mark shubertNM Highplains, in an article about how and what coyotes see, red & black plaid was stated to be a very effective camo pattern, blue colors show up as almost white to a coyote. Guess I'll keep hiding my blue jeans. Where do you get your predator brown? Knott's?
Mark

Knotts has taken much of my money, but I get my Predator from Cabela's. Thanks to their card and the fact that I put _everything_ on it, the points rack up. Free camo is the best kind. I picked up that Walls digital camo jacket at their outlet store on Hwy 287 heading toward Dallas. $30. I really didn't know how it would look but the photos show it to be really good.

(I also bought some great summer work shirts and a couple long sleeve T-shirts (wearing one right now!). Buy $100 and get something off the "Free" rack- there was a duck winter work jacket there, so I scooped it up. It was quite a run!)

I like to use the army digital pants for sure, cheap surplus, also most come with padded knees for those days you have to beg to get out of the house and play.

I also use one of the sniper scarves, buddy gave me one when he came back from Iraq, will keep your neck actually pretty warm and covers the gun up if you need to. made of a mesh so you can toss it over the scope and see through it, its pretty cool. as a side note, ive had to use it as a make shift rope while trying to climb out of a muddy part of the badlands after getting caught in the rain, lol was slick as snot, took us a very long time to get out LOL.

I like to mix mine up, for the most part, that way I dont look like one giant blob, rather a couple little ones LOL.

up here I find that some of the duck/reed patterns work well as there is alot of crp and sloughs.

winter I have a mix of nat gear and some cabelas pattern.
basically I go to the bargain areas, look for something I think will work for cheap, then let my buddys tell me if it seems to blend, its about all ya can do.

Good luck.

Back