65 Gr. Sierra Game King in .223

Jitterbug

I'm looking for data for this bullet using Ramshot TAC

I have "some" data from the Ramshot #4 online edition as well as the online Sierra data posted for Colt.

Anyone know of any reliable sources?

Got the Serria book for Xmas. It list the 65 gr. SBT (has a note: use 1 in 10 twist). This load data is for the AR type rifles. Accuracy Load H335, 25.2 gr., Vel 2900, and this is the hunting load. TAC 25.5 , Vel 2950.

It list a lot of other powders like RE-7, Benchmark, H322, Win 748 and on and on.

Under bolt action loads it doesn't show the 65 gr, but does list the 69 gr. with MAX LOADS of Varget at 26.4, Win 748 at 26.1, H335 at 25.7

If the Tac don't work out for you. Try Varget somewhere around 26.0 gr. I use 26.1 gr of Varget in my bolt gun. Velocity runs 3050 fps. Accuracy is excellent. It shows no pressure in my rifle. As always work up to the load. I have taken hogs with this load in Alabama. Got complete penetration on double lung shots and dead hogs.

Papa 260

Hylander

Another member posted this.

AR data:
http://accurateshooter.net/Downloads/sierra223ar.pdf

I think I'll start with the TAC data since that is what I have on hand, I'm considering other .223 powder and haven't decided between. H335, Benchmark or Varget.

TAC has been the only powder I've tried since I recently got back into reloading...but so far TAC has been very good for my gun, especially 55 grain Hornady FMJBT.

It runs 75 gr. Hornady BTHP's pretty well too, but I don't think that bullet would be best for predator hunting application.

I read all kinds of good stuff about Varget, but, I also read its tough to meter.

Thanks guys...

I'm surprised this 65 gr. bullet or the 55 grain Game King isn't a bit more popular?

Last edited:
I dont think that H335 will be as good as Varget on that heavy of a Bullet. Over 55 gr, Varget usually produces better numbers. I Like H335 for 55 and under however. Please let us know how it works.

TAC is a great powder for that bullet, start with their data for the 69g MatchKing and work your way up. You'll find what your gun likes.

peace.
unloaded

Back