destroyer

It would be very interesting to see how that light performed in the red. I bought a kill light and in the red it is very impressive. I think it would be a good comparison test! The kill light runs on 1 18650 as well, but I know on my ar at 200yrds you could make a possitive ID and shot placement!

Originally Posted By: submoa308It would be very interesting to see how that light performed in the red. I bought a kill light and in the red it is very impressive. I think it would be a good comparison test! The kill light runs on 1 18650 as well, but I know on my ar at 200yrds you could make a possitive ID and shot placement!

They are the identical light,or so I was told by the president of the company.

Got my Destroyer, in red, the first of the week. Tonight I took it out in a beanfield to try and get an idea of it's capabilities. There were no critters available to cooperate in the comparisons, but my observations are as follows:
It's way brighter than my Smartlight with the red filter! I've been using the smartlight for scanning while calling, very successfully for the past season. The true test was when I put it against a Lightforce 170mm with a red filter. The LF easily won for distance, but the Destroyer probably has 2/3 the useful range of the LF. The beam is tighter on the Destroyer, than the LF, but I don't think that will be a huge disadvantage as the shooting light. I like a little wider beam for scanning, though. What is very obvious, is the true red color of the Destroyer as opposed to the other lights with a red filter!
I'm going to get it mounted on a rifle soon and see if the savings in bulk of the Destroyer, make up for the loss of additional range of the LF.
Anybody else with a Destroyer, post your experiences..........
F1

nice light is it heavy?
i have a Fenix TA30
it is very bright and a nice beam out to around 150 ive used it halo isnt bad at all but i took a sharpie and made a ring around the edge of the lens and it rudeced the halo and didnt effect the beam at all
i used it ice fishing last winter and had it on and off all winter as well as yote hunting and only had to change batts 1 time
i think the TA is rated at 225 lumens
it has 4 settings also 1 is a strobe the other 3 are high ,med, low
now i checked the sight and its not listed anymore but i see the TK series
hmm maybe a destroyer is in order for me as asecondarty lamp on a tripod fo pistol hunting
wink.gif

I use a Kill Light XLR250 on my AR and the XLR100 on my bow and it works awesome! My buddy has a Destroyer that he paid a lot more for but mine looks the same as his Destroyer and seems to shine further than the Destroyer. I love mine!

I wonder if there's some bad feelings between Sniper Hawg Lights (Destroyer) and Elusive Technologies (Kill Light XLR series). Several months ago, Elusive sold the Sniper Destroyer light. Recently, they quit selling the Sniper Destroyer and now sell the XLR which looks exactly like the Sniper.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. Bottom line is they are both good lights and are pretty close to identical from what I can tell. Heck of a good light either way.

Originally Posted By: ultramagOriginally Posted By: submoa308It would be very interesting to see how that light performed in the red. I bought a kill light and in the red it is very impressive. I think it would be a good comparison test! The kill light runs on 1 18650 as well, but I know on my ar at 200yrds you could make a possitive ID and shot placement!

They are the identical light,or so I was told by the president of the company.
======================================================================
I now have both lights, and they are not identical.....but so darned close it's hard to notice the difference! The only difference is some of the machining on the light body. The reflectors appear to be the same, and not a penny's worth of difference in the LEDS. Side by side comparison yields little , if any, difference in performance.
The main difference is the PRICE! The destroyer was 150.00 shipped, and the Kill Light was under 130.00 and it had an additional switch cap! Both came with scope and barrel mounts, chargers, and batteries.
The best bang for the buck is the Kill Light, and even better from Boondock Outdoors! Jeremiah has a heck of a good price on the Kill Light right now!
F1

I have the Destoyer on my Savage. 204 had to use the shotgun barrel mounts and put it actually on the barrel. I have a 3-12x52 Cabelas Alaskan Guide scope with a 1" tube and mounts that came with it didn't work so well. Still have had no problems at all with the light. I too have been out several nights and it holds a charge very well. Very highly reccomended. As far as weight...the gun has a heavier barrel and is laminate with a thumbhole stock so don't really know the light is there...til its on!

Last edited:
Back