30/30 for coyote

Mark2

I'm planing on using my fathers old marlin 30-30 for coyote for this year, at least for the first few weeks of the new year. I know it's not the best caliber, I have better calibers for coyote. But my father died this Christmas and I really want to use his old rifle at least for a while. I plan on using the 160 grain Hornadys leverlution ammo. I have the scope on it that is made for that ammo. Anyone else ever use a 30-30 on coyote

I have and so have other guys I know. Your 30-30 will put them down hard every time so get out there and get after em.
Post some pics when you get one. I'm tired of seeing all the dead yotes with the same old boring AR's.

Mark2,
I'm very sorry for your loss.
I also hunt with a few of my Dad's old rifles just for the memories of it as he has passed away too.
Mark

Originally Posted By: MTurboI have and so have other guys I know. Your 30-30 will put them down hard every time so get out there and get after em.
Post some pics when you get one. I'm tired of seeind all the dead yotes with all the same old boring AR's.

AMEN!

Hi Mark
Sorry about your Dad.I say go for it,great brush gun in the woods!!They are also a classic,my Dad has one that is real old.
How are is your hunting going any dogs? Work has been getting in my way of calling. Shane

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine 11 years ago and still think about him all the time.

The 30-30 should knock the snoot out of them.

Kinda late here, but I would also like to express my sorrow for the loss of your father. I have always been very close with my dad and cannot imagine him not being here. I think it is a great idea to use his gun, he will surely appreciate that. I've actually killed quite a few coyotes with a .30-30 back in the day. It works just fine at most reasonable calling distances. I took a new predator hunter out a couple years ago and he used his Winchester M94 on his first ever called coyote. At 25 yards it worked quite well! Good luck and enjoy dads gun along with good memories.

Thanks guys for all the input and kind words. Starting this Saturday all deer hunters will be out of the woods, and it's game on for totes until March. I hope to take a few with my fathers old marlin. Thanks again.

Mark2

Sorry for your loss. May your Father live on in his guns.
I shoot my grandfathers Browning Sweet Sixteen quite a bit, and it's like he's with still me every time.
Bless you and be strong.

Shayne

Originally Posted By: getfoxyOriginally Posted By: MTurboI have and so have other guys I know. Your 30-30 will put them down hard every time so get out there and get after em.
Post some pics when you get one. I'm tired of seeind all the dead yotes with all the same old boring AR's.

AMEN!

+1
thumbup1.gif

Back