PSE Omen Pro?

Mr. Invisible

Looking to buy a new bow this up-coming year, I have always shot PSE bows and have been looking at the Omen Pro doe anyone shoot one or have any input on them ? Any and everything would be apprciated. Thanks.

As far as the Omen goes they are a differnt breed of bow. If it was me I would go with the new Dream Season EVO for a hunting bow...it has the Axe cams that are made to be smooth and you really wont give up a huge amount of speed.

Either way you go your buying a great bow the 2011 PSE Pro-Series are the sickest looking bows ive ever seen! Wish I had the cash for a new EVO.

im using an old pse nova fitzgerald, i think 2001 model

the ibo speed on this sucker i only 265fps i believe, i have it set at 55 pounds i believe and i shot a nice fork buck last year with it with a complete pass through at 12 yards he ran 60 yards and piled up. i before that gut shot a button buck and lost him. it was one of the worst days of my life....

i upgraded the nova with a limbsaver stabilizer, whisker biscuit and trophy ridge 3 pin sight

The PSE Dream Season EVO has an IBO of 345 and the Omen Pro has an IBO of 366. That's a difference of 21 FPS but awhole lot smoother draw. You really need to shoot both and see for yourself which one fits you better.

What specs are you planning on shooting your new bow at? (draw length, weight, and arrow weight)

The omen has a 5.5 inch brace height and the evo has a 6 inch. Idk if you guys have shot or just drawn any of the axe series bows, but my friend has the 2010 axe 7 and its draw is anything but smooth IMO. His is set to 31 inch draw aqnd 70lbs but he is also 6'6" and 270 pounds! If you are hunting big open country where you need to make long range shots, such as out west, then any of the axe bows would be a great choice (IMO) But if you are sitting in a stand up in the air, it becomes much more inconveniant to draw if you are at an uncomfortable angle. Its easy to get caught up in the speed game with all the new bows, but unless you shoot 3d or you need to make a 50 plus yard shot, Its unnecessary.IMO Also, if you are wearing heavy clothing like a thick coat, the 5.5-6 inch brace height is very easy to snag on your clothing or ping your are with! not fun when you miss because of something like that!

Ive been shooting a 6.5" brace height bow for the past two years (with the exeption of my Drenalin) and never had any trouble with clothing. I never wear extremly thick cloths though. The trick with not only PSE but any dual cam bow is perfect timing in the cams and being tuned correctly. This factor can make the differnce in a bow being smooth, semi-smooth, or just plain harsh. The only time ive found this to not be true is when you get into the extreme speed bows. The only one ive ever been able to tune into a smooth bow is a Mathews Monster.

Shorter brace heights are going to critic your form far worse then a longer brace height. Exspecially when you get under 6"

well the omen is 5.5 inches and i have shot it several times at my bow shop. IMO all the axe bows from the 6 up to the omen all draw very rough! My mission maniac at 70 lbs feels like 40 lbs. compared to the omen! The monster isnt too bad, but the monster XLR8 is terrible! i WOULDNT BUY THAT BOW IF IT HAD LASER GUIDED ARROWS!If you are looking for a fast bow that has a comfy brace height and still shoots fast, i would opt for the mathews z7, Hoyt alpha burner, pse vendetta, or the pse bow badness. All of these draw nice and shoot 330fps+ IBO speeds.

The Vendetta is a great bow! Im shooting the XS right now and dont plan on changing anytime soon. I dare to say its just as smooth as any of the Drenalin's ive had.

Back