R-15 Trigger Replacement!!

Field Medic

I'm wanting to replace the factory trigger in my Remington R-15..

What after market trigger do you use?

What did it run you?

Did you install yourself or would you recommend having the replacement done by gun smith.....

My R-15 trigger felt really rough,I had just redone my Thompson Encore trigger myself,so I followed some instructions from my gunsmith and polished up the surfaces with the fine stones I have and I have to say it came out real nice,my groups tightened right up to 1/2 at 100 yards.

Really!!?? I sent my R 15 back and it returned a "little" better but I'm still not liking the amount of creep/gritting present esp when shooting at paper.. If I was going to use this particular set-up for yotes only I wouldn't mess with it... On paper I honestly feel that this gun is hindered drastically by the factory triGger.. I want this gun to perform at its full potential and I honestly feel this trigger is hindering the process..

Field
I agree,mine had that gritty feel also,it did take some work on my part.I am not trying to swage you from buying an after market trigger,I myself have Jewell and Timney triggers on all of my bolt guns.I was just underscoring your point that the R-15 trigger is rough,I have a RockRiver two stage that is sweet,but I like the single stage better for my callin gun.
Some of these guys will steer you right for an aftermarket unit no doubt.Good luck!!!

P.S. I will say mine was one of the first to come out,I bought it in 2008,I would have thought they could have started to finish the triggers a little better,Oh well blame the lawyers!!!

Last edited:
Timney Skeleton 3lb. Terrific results.

Installed it myself. Piece of cake!

Gun show deal. To low to share. (-:

TrickedR-152.jpg

Originally Posted By: jlnollyHello Double ck where did you get the mount for the light been looking for a while ?

J
Remington makes them,the R-15 has tapped holes on both sides of the aluminium fore arm, I bought mine at Cabelas.Punch in "Remington R-15 Picatinny Rail" at the search.I tried getting the link but it would not work.

Last edited:
i changed mine out with a chip mccormick trigger its set at 2 3/4 lbs has no creep and a fast reset.i got mine for 179 from top gun supply. it was a 2 minuet job just push out the pins and drop in the new one and reinstall the pins and ready to go

Timney is great.

Beware of the Chip McMormick as I went thru a couple of them and had problems with double and triple taps. Just kept sending them back and they would send new ones til I got tires of that and went with Timneys. Never had a problem with a Timney and really clean crisp single stage pull.

Clayman

Get a 3lb Timney & you can replace it yourself in less then 10 minutes, VERY simple to do.
Runs about $180, but the best $ you can spend on the R15.

+1 for Bill Springfield. Take the trigger out, send it to Bill, quick turnaround, put it back in. Done. I'm very happy with mine. A lot cheaper than an aftermarket trigger.

What size pin is in the stock R-15 ??? I believe there is a lrg and small size?? Where do u measure this? I want to make sure replacement is the right size????

I can't express how knowledgeable and reactive the members of PM are.. We are blessed to have a network, better yet family of individuals who assist each other regardless of the time of day or topic at hand!! I only hope that I will be able to return the responses and expert ad vice everyone has given me on this Great forum!! What an awesome resource we have here!!!
T

Back