Flextone er1 charging problems HELP!

DRT DAN

Made a few Christmas eve and morning sets scored a young one on the first set after warming the barrel on the Stevens forgot the shooting sticks and chambering in a load but alls well that end well made 3 more sets all blanks. Anyway back to topic i used fresh nimh batteries and on on Christmas eve night plugged it in an on Christmas morning made on the first set I was dead batteries on the unit in 15 min. so far i can only get the remote to charge. Any suggestions??

Double check the connection on the battery tray. The ER1 (I HAD) would not seat completly until I squeezed the connecters just a tad, otherwise it was popping off one side.

I turn on the call and check for power every time then turn it off to charge. also tried leaving the call on standby while charging. I'm thinking bout running cheap old conv. AA's But thanks 5 spd

I wish I could use rechargables and charge em up in the unit but alkaline AAS will have to do. I'm going to go home and check on it tonight been on the charger since noon. Either that ill just have to get a nimh charger and charg up a bunch of batteries and keep them for spares. even with new nimh's the call only says half charged.

i charge my batteries with a aa charger....but if i only use it a rew hours at night i plug it in and it charges by morning...i think a good charge takes like 8 hours or so not real certain....i went 2 nights on one charge..

My batteries were DOA, meaning they wouldn't take a charge at all.

I simply run AA batteries in mine and get at least 8 hours of calling on a set that costs $1.50 for 4. Kind of a no-brainer for me.

Mine has been used on 3 crow sets and i coyote set and 2 coon sets. My caller just shut off in the middle of a set. The battery indicator shows 2 spots on it but it heeps shutting off after 30 seconds. I don't think the all is very loud either.

i have that call and it seems to work great so far. Mine is loud enough that I have to turn it down if I'm near it around the house... but of course it doesnt' sound really loud in the woods... but i'm coming to realize more and more that if those critters can hear a lip squeak at 400 yds... then heck... all of us east of the mississippi are probably calling too loud anyways.

Oh well... that's just my stinking thinking....LOL

I used energizer 2500 Mah rechargeable batteries in the one I had with no problems at all. I did charge them in a seperate AA charger before I put them in the caller. After that for the 3 weeks I owned the ER1 they charged with the wall charger & held it very well for 8 hrs calling & still had 1/2 left when I was done.

I recieved my ER1 on 12/30 charged overnight it didnt charge.Found that the plug for the battery pack was bad so i put a rubberband around it to keep it tight and we got charge.So ..now its charged i run through the calls gettin familiar with the unit and the sound drops and starts crackling comming back intermittenly and then staying low also lost communication between the unit and remote .Its to bad this had to happen because when the EP1 was goin good it sounded very good and all controls worked great seemed to be built well and well worth the money.I will send it back and see what comes in its place.In the mean time went out today an picked up a FP Firestorm to accompany my hand calls for the next 6 days.

Time will tell, but I'm afraid problem after problem is going to become an all to familiar story with this Flextone caller.

We shall see.

They could have put alittle extra money into some key parts raise the price of the unit a little and still have a winner.

I had the same problem of charging. It was the connector between the batteries and caller. It wouldn't stay connected with a rubber band or anything. I had to whittle the plastic off around the connector until it seated correctly. After that, no more problems.
Called in a bunch of crows and nailed 4 of them. Great fun.

Back