one reticle...what would it be?

Originally Posted By: wagspe208What is the advantage of the German 4 over a duplex or fine duplex? Or maybe I looked at the wrong pic. It looks like a duplex with the top leg missing.
Wags
Nothing?
Anything?
Wags

The 3 legs that are left are heavier than normal which makes them easier to see in low light or woods conditions. They eliminate the top leg so as to improve visibility of the target. It was designed for hunting game in heavy woods.

Jack

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsThe 3 legs that are left are heavier than normal which makes them easier to see in low light or woods conditions. They eliminate the top leg so as to improve visibility of the target. It was designed for hunting game in heavy woods.

Jack
Roger. Thanks. That makes sense.
Wags

For long range varmints i'll take this one altered a bit. The last 1 mrad unit would be subdivided into .1 mrad units, instead of .2, and the 1st 2 mrad windage units would also be subdivided into .2 as below--

sub_razor-hd_ebr-2_details.jpg

Last edited:
For a SFP scope I prefer a German #4 or a Duplex with very fine center reticle.
For FFP scopes I prefer the Nightforce NP-R2 style or the IOR MP-8 so that I can range targets and adjust for wind easier.

Back