Revelation Model 225 .222

YoteAddiction

I have the opportunity to buy a Revelation Model 25 in .222 Remington, the price is 250 or best offer, it has a scope, but not one worth mentioning, or equating into the value of the gun. The man selling it says it is in great condition, i haven't seen it in person yet, but the pictures look nice. I know nothing of this brand of rifle, though I'm told they are very similar to older model savages. My real question is if anyone out there knows anything about this rifle, and if it is worth the price??

I have a Revelation 22 (originally my brothers back in the 60's)that is on fine shooter. It came frome Western Auto as that was the store brand. I quote the following from the High Road Forum:

"Revelation was the tradename for guns sold by Western Auto, when every worthwhile store had a sporting goods department and the chain stores had their own brand names. Like J.C. Higgins and Ted Williams at Sears.
Guns were made for them by High Standard, Mossberg, Marlin, and Stevens."

There is a store crossover list in the back of the blue book of gun values, I can't find a model 25 but there is a model 225 that is a savage 340.I just looked at OTs listing and that is a savage 340.

Last edited:
yep, it's the same as a 340. Good guns for their time. Crappy, flimsy, side-mt scope bracket, but they are usually very accurate, especially in 222. $250's a decent price.

Yes indeed Blackhawk, 225 is the model Im talking about, i just missed the second 2. Ok, so secondly, what are the odds i will be able find any replacement parts for it? Will any of the savage 340 parts work (i.e. trigger assembly)?

Back