West Virginia yote hunting?

Hey guys. I've been hunting Beech Fork SP. No luck yet but a lot of sign and some game cam pics. I usually hunt Kanawha and Roane Co, but I'm living primarily in Huntington now, so I've been trying to find more spots in that area. I shot my first one, all black, near our house just outside of Charleston before deer season this year. Seem to be seeing more than usual. I've seen 2 this year near our house. Never seen or heard them here until this year.

Originally Posted By: HillbillyJamesHey guys. I've been hunting Beech Fork SP. No luck yet but a lot of sign and some game cam pics. I usually hunt Kanawha and Roane Co, but I'm living primarily in Huntington now, so I've been trying to find more spots in that area. I shot my first one, all black, near our house just outside of Charleston before deer season this year. Seem to be seeing more than usual. I've seen 2 this year near our house. Never seen or heard them here until this year.

Iam down the road in Ona .Shoot me a pm sometime . Where you going in at Beechfork if I may ask. I hit that once in a while myself

Thanks man! I live just outside Kanawha City. I'm in grad school in Huntington and stay down there most of the time, but I'm back and forth a lot.

Well, last year we hit Price's Creek a few times. This year I've hunted out past the gun range and on the hill to the right of the range. I think last time we went out we walked out around the lake till we were in or near Reubens Branch. It was so crunchy though I think we scared off everything for 10 miles.

I know a spot near Collins Branch. Also near Beechfork road near the two ponds I have seen a lot of sign there . Pretty good area in the back with the creek providing a good funnel.

I didn't go this morning, still snowing and too windy. Went this afternoon late and again had no luck. Going try one more spot in the morning before heading back to Ohio. Wish me luck.

I'll be back down that way after this weekend. Maybe we can meet up and get after some. I've got a few spots in Boone Co. I haven't been to this year. If either of you all would want to check them out in the next couple of days you'd be more than welcome to come.

Originally Posted By: hillbilly1davison,

I've got a spot we can hit out your way off the Goldtown exit. Also working on a small piece of land at Tuppers Creek. that would be cool. I need help with set ups and wind. I think is my problem.

Originally Posted By: psdavidsonOriginally Posted By: hillbilly1davison,

I've got a spot we can hit out your way off the Goldtown exit. Also working on a small piece of land at Tuppers Creek. that would be cool. I need help with set ups and wind. I think is my problem.

We can do that!

What part of Roane Co. do you hunt? I live at Newton there is a lot of Public Hunting Area here not hunted much at all.The only Coyote my son and I have killed was last year on the Wallback WMA.

Originally Posted By: john007Lets all get together and hold some coyote drives!

I'm in!

By the way john I very much appreciate the refferal, but you should be ashamed of yourself! Shopping for calls at Dick's Sporting Goods.....
angry.gif

tt2.gif
just kiddin!!

Last edited:
I was bored and didn`t have much to do.Had to do something to pass sometime away.Got a friend who works there and his dad deer hunt an area where we call at and they both have seen a couple black yotes in that area. I was actually seeing if he was working at that time. Thought maybe they seen them lately

Originally Posted By: john007I was bored and didn`t have much to do.Had to do something to pass sometime away.Got a friend who works there and his dad deer hunt an area where we call at and they both have seen a couple black yotes in that area. I was actually seeing if he was working at that time. Thought maybe they seen them lately

Oh, Oh, I'll buy you a Dick's gift card, if you take me to that spot with you!!!
grin.gif

Back