catching baby fox

dunawayeric

how would i go about catching a baby fox...it comes out of the hole at night with its mother...i want to catch it without hurting it...do you think it would go in a box trap..or not...i want to catch the mother to..but that is easy...any tips on catching the little one would be appreciated

First thing I'd do is check the law. Many places find this illegal. My hunch is that it is not legal in PA.

Then, if it is... If it's coming out of it's hole already, it's too old to even think about taming down. Red foxes make horrible pets. When you get them with their eyes still closed (By digging them out of a den) they will be fairly tame and will tolerate you until they get to be about four or five months old. Then, when you irritate them, they will bite you. (most of the scars from my youth have faded away)

Randy

well there is only 1 little one to watch..and they are neat...just thought they would be better in the wild farther.. and they stink...but i am going to let them there so that i dont give trappers a black eye...if you know what i mean

Back