Texas safari 2010 Ki-Yi and an Ai

Tim Neitzke

Well it's time I told the tale.
A few years back I meet Daniel (dcp25) here at PM through a classified ad for a shotgun. I flew down to meet him and do some hunting. I had a great time and Daniel and I became friends. A second trip was made and more fun was had. Now 4 years later trip # 3 has came and gone.

Through my trips I got to meet many members here. Daniel(dcp25), his bro-inlaw Casper(ccw), Jared (xtrempredhntr),Brad (not sure is handle here), David(venatic), and this past year Jay (chupathingy). Talked with Cody(cbosshog79) on the phone ,but didn't have a meet/greet with him.

Daniel's wife has taken up more schooling and they have moved out of state,which put a damper on Daniel Texas hunting. He called me and said he would be a the ranch in Texas for the month and wanted to go hunting. So......

Daniel had been out a little and said critters have been a little slow due to the warm weather. After checking the zero on my new shooting iron a .223ai we headed out.
IMG_0245.jpg

It was warm and not much was stirring,except for a bunch of pesky coons. To bad for them ,better for us. My rifle and a pair of 45 acps went to work.

Daniel and Casper 'n friends.
IMG_0399.jpg

The second night out proved to be a little better. We called in a 3 yotes and killed all 3. Things were looking up. Temps began cooling off. We also found a pig and shot it,but made it's death run into a cactus patch. Not wanting too look like a porky pine,we did not get a pic.
IMG_0405.jpg

Putting Jeff's (fw707)yote drag to work. Thanks Jeff.
thumbup1.gif

IMG_0407.jpg

Broke this ones back so Casper capped his azz !!
IMG_0436.jpg

With temps falling the next night was going to be good. Jared came out and hunted with us . He helped in calling my first bobcat on my first trip. Well he must be good luck because.....
The first stand prove to be good. After getting it to show and lots of lip squeaks , the 62gr tsx went to work.
Daytime photo...
IMG_0417.jpg

The next stand ,
Pulling into the next field ,we scanned with the light and hit a set of eyes. The yote stood a little to long and Jared smoked it good. As the sound of the shot cleared a second set of eyes ran from the brush ! Woof, Woof ! Bang ! I dropped the second for a double.
thumbup.gif

IMG_0413.jpg

The next stand it was Daniels turn. After a few minutes this yote showed up and the 22-250 rang out. O'What fun we're having !
IMG_0416.jpg

Move on into the night . We had a couple dry stands and then....
Way of into the distance We catch some eyes barely glowing. It just sat there watching,so we turned off the Foxpro and Jared lip squeaked the yote in to a 100 yaeds or so and I poked him good. The new rifle is treating me well.
IMG_0438.jpg

We ended up with a cat and 6 yotes that night. Daniel and Jared each shot one more ,but I cant remember the details . So much fun I missed a couple photo's I think. We planned on a big pile pic the next morn but Jared ,couldn't make it back ,he had the yotes too.
The next day Daniel and I went wondering in the dry creek beds and I found this.
thumbup.gif

IMG_0471.jpg

That evening was slow and only one yote was spotted and no shot was taken.
More too come.....

It was great meeting you Tim, next time your down I'll make sure to not be sick and you'll have even more access to land for your hunt. Glad all your stuff finally showed as well.

To the rest of PM: Tim,Casper,Daniel and I all met at Rudy's Barbecue (Mmmmm Rudy's Bar-B-Cue)in Waco and had lunch. We must have sat there for 3 hours talking everything from hunting to Baseball to snakes LOL! Good guys, all three of them and it's like you have known them your whole life. I had a great time meeting them even though I had Pnuemonia at the time and was feeling like 10 miles of bad road.

Chupa

Page 2....

The last night to hunt; Pigs Gone Wild !
With a full moon and clear skies we headed out. The first feed lot had pigs at the feeder ! Bang flop pork chop ! lol
IMG_0443.jpg

Went aound to the other side of the ranch and found this one. Another blackie. Shot a couple more pigs which were also black ,so I 'm not posting all those.
IMG_0448.jpg

Off too the next place.
As we pulled in to look for pigs,we saw a yote headed out fast. Casper barked it stopped ,I flipped off the saftey and the light was gone ! What the ... Caper tears into the wire harness to find a blown fuse ! After about a five minute fix the Lightforce was back in action. Well crap that one got away we said. Casper scans and spots the yote way out sneaking across the field. How far I asked ? Daniel said 300-350. Dang that's out there. I held on the top of it's back and barked. The coyote stopped and I sent a 60 gr v-max bown range. WHOP ! Down it goes. Casper went out and paced it back,296 paces !
IMG_0449.jpg

As we loaded back up a bobcat ran into the brush not far from us. Got to love a full moon sometimes. After many many lip squeaks the pretty girl made a BAD move on her part.
SWEET !
IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Still more yet !

Page 3.....

Well after many high-5's ,we headed back for the night. Upon pulling into Daniel's families ranch this guy was looking for acorns . Mr hog ran,but stopped to wonder what the noise was. Bang ! The final shot for the .223ai,62gr tsx. High shoulder out the head ! Nite nite little pig .
laugh.gif

IMG_0455.jpg

A couple of gang bangers with my pig.
lol.gif

IMG_0457.jpg

Thanks to Daniel and Casper my light man. I had a great time ! Daniel's family and friends treated me like a KING !
Daniel thank your Grandma again for all the fine cooking !
drool.gif

Hope to be back again !
tt1.gif

Thanks for reading .
I'll leave with these pics of stuff from our store and sponsers.

Tim

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: rockinbbarVery Nice Tim!

I really like that Swirley!
thumbup.gif

Thank you.

Chupa,
I'd share the dinner table with you anytime my friend.
thumbup1.gif

Thanks all and Merry Christmas .

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerTim- are you shooting the 60 and 62 grains interchangeably? I see you shot a coyote with the 60 vmax and a hog with the 62

Yep.
They shoot the same.
IMG_0242.jpg

It looks like you guys had a heck of a trip! Great shooting and nice haul...

I wish I could have made it down to visit with you guys a little and I sure won't miss the opportunity again!

Originally Posted By: cbosshog79It looks like you guys had a heck of a trip! Great shooting and nice haul...

I wish I could have made it down to visit with you guys a little and I sure won't miss the opportunity again!

Cody ,
I was bummed we couldn't meet up. That's life I guess.
Maybe next time.

Hey Tim. I got a pic of the 4 coyotes I picked up, I will get them posted on here, prob tomorrow. Oh, and I recovered the bullet from the one we lip squeked up from way out there. I can send it to you if would like. Oh, and the one thy you shot through the head did exit...very minimal pelt damage...a hole maybe half the size of my pinky. Think I am going to have to get me a few of those 62 grainers. Had a blast...next time you are able to come down, maybe I can get a vacation, so I can do a little more hunting.

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke
IMG_0245.jpg

DANG! She's purty!
tt1.gif
Shoots too--296 yards in the dark!
w00t.gif
I missed the specs on that girl. Inquiring minds want to know....

Sounds like an awesome hunt. Thanks for the greaty write up!
thumbup.gif

Back