Scanning light

love2hunt

I bought the 250 kill light for my rifle. But now I need a scan light. Do you scan mostly with red lens or white. whats the distance and brightness with a scan light. I know it has to be fairly light tried scanning with the rifle and bipod lastnight arm got tried. lol. I called one in but i had the light off could see with just the moon light. When i turned the light on to shoot him he left the country. Chalk one to a learning curve. so I know with a light I could have seen him sooner.

Ok think after all i have read Red white or green doesnt seem to matter. Personal preference does. Read from all the posts on here that no one has really said one way or the other. So now just going to play with the animals and see. Was kinda looking for best idear to save a little money lol.

...useing the 250 kill light (red)on the rifles ~ scanning with the 100 kill light (red)-useing a headband (hands free)it's been woring great watch your casting shadows whatever you use - M2cents

yeah turning the light on will spook them. Theres a bunch of headlamps out there that are good for scanning. Keeps your hands free. Not everyone likes it but its a good option when you're alone. Nitelite, smartlight and the predator light are a few. Nitelite would be the most affordable. Doesn't take much light for scanning. Just keep the light from lighting yourself and gun up.

Originally Posted By: Takemyeah turning the light on will spook them. Theres a bunch of headlamps out there that are good for scanning. Keeps your hands free. Not everyone likes it but its a good option when you're alone. Nitelite, smartlight and the predator light are a few. Nitelite would be the most affordable. Doesn't take much light for scanning. Just keep the light from lighting yourself and gun up.

thumbup.gif

"Red white or green doesnt seem to matter. Personal preference does. "

It def. does matter, White lights will spook a predator rather quickly in anything less than a perfect world.

Red shows up as a dark grey/black to predators with green bieng a dull grey color.

some guys use white light and it works great for them. My friend wants to try white light tonight with his predator light. I've had it work with led lights before. White light definitely won't spook cops, game wardens and nosy people, so I prefer amber or red. I don't break any laws but I don't enjoy having flashlights in my face and people rifling through my stuff.

Ok if it does matter then how do all these other guys kill a lot of predators with all three shades. Still new to this so just asking.

I'm not sure love2hunt. It's one of those things you have to experiment with. Red is a safe bet though. Plus you don't need a bright light to scan. Doesnt take much

Back