SAVAGE ACCU TRIGGER PROBLEM

j_valdez

I purchased a Savage modoel 12 back in January. I shot it with out a problem till this winter. Before going to the range to sight it in I adjusted the accu trigger a little lighter than it came from the factory. I went calling tonight and called 3 dags in. I pulled on the first dog and the slide on the accu trigger was ridged and the trigger would not pull. After working the bolt several times I dropped him. Took another dog right after that. Did I adjust it to light? I took it apart and turned it to the right one and a half turns. The problem seems to be solved. The trigger is right around 2.75 pounds. Just curious if anybody has had this problem?

Originally Posted By: j_valdez I went calling tonight and called 3 dags in.

"You like Dags?"
"Dags?"
"Yeah...you like dags?"
"OH,.....Dogs"

Remember that scene from "Snatch"? Just reminded me of that...too funny
grin.gif

Chupa

I love that movie!!!Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: j_valdez I went calling tonight and called 3 dags in.

"You like Dags?"
"Dags?"
"Yeah...you like dags?"
"OH,.....Dogs"

Remember that scene from "Snatch"? Just reminded me of that...too funny
grin.gif

Chupa

if you adjust the accutrigger too light when you close the bolt the safety feature will trip on the trigger blade. if you raise the bolt and slowly lock it down it wont trip. adjust the trigger a little heavier and it should be fine.

This is a safety feature built in to stop people from inventing there own settings not designed in the first place.If you want to go lighter [beeep] makes a replacement spring for the accutrigger to lighten it up slightly.

What you describe is the typical Accutrigger shortcomming in all models Savage models. It is the Sear Block activating because you have adjusted the trigger pull down too low below the standard that Savages feel is safe in their hunting rifles. There ARE solutions to get around it and you might consider calling Scott @ Savage who works the triggers to reduce your trigger pull to down even below 1 lb (if you like but he can make it whatever pull you want). His telephone number is 208-313-1570.

I adjusted it a little heavier and it all seems to work fine. When I adjusted it I never felt any notches that seem to lock it in place. Antbody know how the spring holds its setting?

It's definately as described above. The trigger is too light and the striker falls and safety engages when you close the bolt. I had the same problem with my model 10 that I bought this spring. I sent it back to savage 2 times (3 months) and it was fine when it came back, just heavier trigger pull. I lightened it to see and the problem re-appeared. Back to 3.5 lbs and it works fine regardless of how hard you close the bolt.

If you want light. Ask them to put the competition trigger in. I goes down to 8 oz or so. However, at the lightest setting you must close the bolt very easy. If you slam it down, you will not be able to fire the weapon.

Originally Posted By: MGYSGTIf you want light. Ask them to put the competition trigger in. I goes down to 8 oz or so. However, at the lightest setting you must close the bolt very easy. If you slam it down, you will not be able to fire the weapon.

My 10FCP has the target or comp accutrigger, set at a crisp 1 1/2lbs from the factory.

I like it, seems a good route if a guy wants a lighter trigger from savage... but I'm definitely not an expert in triggers

I have a LRPV that had the same problem. Looks pretty common from this thread. Set it to a hevier pull and it works just fine and it is still very light.

Thank you all for this information. My hunting partner has a Savage .223 with accutrigger and has the SAME EXACT issue you all describe. I suggested to him that the trigger pull may be to light. His response was to buy another one in .243 that works fine. Tried to get him to sell me that POS .223 for a hundred bucks. No go. Looks like I'll have to tell him how to fix it now.

Again, thanks for the info............................

Back