Thoughts on Foxpro NX3

THI06

I have been looking at getting an electronic caller. I don't really have the money to spend $400+ on a caller. On Foxpros website, it says the NX3 has the same speaker and amp as the Firestorm and can hold up to 200 sounds. It just doesn't have a remote. How important would you guys say having a remote is? For $200, it seems like a heck of a caller.

For the calling I do its very important.If I only used it at night or just for calling Bobcats then I would not think the remote would be a necessity. But for calling coyotes during daylight without the remote I would just as soon use hand calls and not put out the scent trail to the caller.But that just me and my circumstances yours maybe different.

you can make sequences with silence in between...and on cold nights ...it beats trying to piz with a remote in the cold.....it holds alot...of sounds and the time limit for each one is like unlimited....

put about 10 good sequences on it with silence between sounds....and you will be fine...and your right the call sounds good...and is built well....i just bought the new echo...its better than the nx3 or the spitfire..i can even see the remote...which does the 300 yards for 120 dollars...

Sounds like it would make a pretty good caller. The remote would be nice, but not for 200 more dollars. And it seems like a much nicer caller than the spitfire. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
For me it isn't worth it. I had an older model call (416) with the remote and never used it.

Lets be realistic here, ANY movement within 20-30 yards of the call is going to be seen by the coyote. They are on HI ALERT and will notice.

I actually have the stoney point shooting sticks (sitting model) and hang the remote from the sticks right next to the rifle. When the dogs are close you obviously keep your movements to a minimum.

I have yet to see where the remote would have gotten me an additional dog or two.

I originally had a FX3. After fooling with the remote too much and losing some dogs in the process, I sold it and bought an NX3 that I've used for the past 2 years. I made all my own 20-30 min sequences and it's been a great call for me. I really liked just sitting back and letting my sequences rip while I paid attention.

A few months ago I decided to get another FX3 for the remote. So, now I have them both. Thing is... the remote is unreliable. If mine "hits" wrong (and I don't have a clue what that IS), it'll stop the call dead and I have to walk up there and turn it off/back on. Back home when I try to figure out what went wrong, it works perfectly, up to 80 yards! I don't know the deal is.

I should sell one of these as I don't need two FoxPros. The FX3 can be used just like the NX3 with my sequences and maybe I'll get the remote figured out. OTOH, the NX3 is reliable and I find that I pay a lot more attention when I don't have the possibility of a remote to fuss with. At this point, I'd probably sell the NX3 but I sure don't see the remote as "essential".

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in either one of 'em.

Back